1879 Pacific war llamas

Started by Trebian, 06 July 2021, 10:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trebian

I see that there are no llamas in the current animals range, consequently the Pacific War range is bereft of the appropriate fauna. Any chance this might be rectified?

FierceKitty

I'd buy a few llamas for my Inca army.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno II

Chris Pringle

It would take a bit of work, but couldn't you get a passable 10mm llama by filing the hump off a camel?

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

06 July 2021, 01:13:48 PM #5 Last Edit: 06 July 2021, 01:31:40 PM by FierceKitty
Considerable difference in height.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Trim tje legs may be, or buy baby camels ?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Chris Pringle

Is the difference enough to matter on the tabletop? At 1.8m high, a llama is probably taller than the average 1879 Peruvian. How much higher would a Pendraken camel's head be than the top of the Peruvian infantryman's kepi? If you keep your camellamas at the far end of the table, does perspective solve the problem?

Raider4

Quote from: Chris Pringle on 06 July 2021, 01:05:49 PM
It would take a bit of work, but couldn't you get a passable 10mm llama by filing the hump off a camel?

Llamas have long(-ish) necks that go straight up. Camels . . . don't.

Chris Pringle

But Pendraken camels ... do. (I looked at some pictures first.)

Anyway, just a suggestion, take it or leave it!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

DecemDave

How about using the does in NML-12 (or go up to 15mm)?   Use some dry brush/texture paint to get a shaggy effect?  I'm sure those necks could be persuaded to straighten a bit.   

nigel drury

Pleased to see you now have photos of the 1879 range to view now.  They do look very good.  It is a shame there are no llamas yet available, I do hope you will add some.  Will also be useful for earlier periods too as has been mentioned.

Mentiion it to Phil, after all he does very little  :d :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 14 July 2021, 03:54:26 PM
Mentiion it to Phil, after all he does very little  :d :d

Having visited Techno Towers I can confirm with first hand that Techno  is very busy. everywhere were little green figures, THOUSANDS of them. But i did not see any Llamas, Alpacas', Echidnas, Duck billed platypi . or Cows
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson