ERB Mars range

Started by blacksmith, 28 January 2011, 09:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacksmith

Hi,
Bronze Age does it in 30 mm, Black Hat in 18 mm and Peter Pig in 15 mm but we all like to have them in 10 mm.
I'd love to see red warriors, one pack of heroes with John Carter, Woola, a princess of Mars, a Jeddak, etc., Green warriors with four armss, four arm white apes, thoats, flying boats, etc.
Needless to say that with the look the great master Frank Frazzeta put on them  :)
Cheers,

GordonY

Whoot!!!!!!!!!

What a cracking idea  :D

To misquote "If you cast them, I will buy"

But also you'll need flyers, great honking lizards to ride, etc, etc.

Gordon

Leon

Sounds a bit copyright-y to me...!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

blacksmith

Quote from: Leon on 30 January 2011, 03:52:04 AM
Sounds a bit copyright-y to me...!
ERB's work has more than 50 years and everybody is doing it in other scales without any problems at all; you would only have to change names. Something like red warriors and green warriors or warriors from the Red planet, for example.
Aren't you selling 10 mmm. Aliens like those from the Alien's film anyway?  ;)

Leon

Quote from: blacksmith on 30 January 2011, 10:07:38 AM
Aren't you selling 10 mmm. Aliens like those from the Alien's film anyway?  ;)

No, they're 'Creatures'....   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

blacksmith

Quote from: Leon on 30 January 2011, 11:24:17 PM
No, they're 'Creatures'....   :D
He, he. And the ones from Mars are red warriors from an alien planet  :D :D

Leon

Quote from: blacksmith on 30 January 2011, 11:29:46 PM
He, he. And the ones from Mars are red warriors from an alien planet  :D :D

Hmm.....   :P

Blaker

red creatures, green creatures, 4 armed creatures, etc. . .  :D

Kassad

I never read John Carter on Mars novels, but I like the idea of new alien species and creatures. Characters could be usefull in "Pulp story" setting. I like this idea very much.
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Bigt

A great idea, Red martians would do for the black, white and yellow races as well.
The green martians would have to be pretty big as they are supposed to be 16 feet tall!!

Last Hussar

Rules?  I'd like to game "Space 1889"
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Raider4

Add me too for these.

Regarding copyright, at least some of the Barsoom stuff is in the public domain, AFAIK. Certainly you can download some (all?) the books legitimately.See http://www.feedbooks.com/author/23.

Cheers, Martyn
--

Leon