Belgian ACG-1 stat error

Started by pbeccas, 09 May 2021, 12:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbeccas

Hi guys.  
Just getting my Belgian army ready for a game and I noticed a stat error for the Belgian ACG-1 tank.  There is no AP stat.  The ACG-1 has a 7.65mm Hotchkiss co-axial machine gun.  This stat was missing in the BKC3 rules and errated by Pete to AP 1/40.
Any chance this can be corrected in the next unit errata?
Thanks
Paul

Leon

Thanks for the heads-up, I've had a quick check and it looks like it was missing from both BKC-II and BKC-III and then we've not spotted it in Pete's old errata document.  We'll make a note to add it in to the next round of errata.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

I think it should be 1/60 not 1/40.

its the same tank as the French AMC35

In BKC2
                 A/T      A/P
ACG1         3/50       - 
AMC 35      2/50    1/60

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

pbeccas

I'll take the extra 20.  Thanks guys.

sultanbev

I just came across this in the Belgian army lists I'm writing, or was writing, suffering a bit of writer's block temporarily, and I put the stats at:

ACG-1 (AMC-35)   pts: 50   AFV   move = 20   A/P = 1/60   A/T = 3/50   CA= 2   H =3   S= 6   Limit = 2  (the Belgian 47mm has HE)

Orcs

Quote from: sultanbev on 09 May 2021, 10:25:53 PM
I just came across this in the Belgian army lists I'm writing, or was writing, suffering a bit of writer's block temporarily, and I put the stats at:

ACG-1 (AMC-35)   pts: 50   AFV   move = 20   A/P = 1/60   A/T = 3/50   CA= 2   H =3   S= 6   Limit = 2  (the Belgian 47mm has HE)

I would say the limit should be only 1 per force.  They only had 10 vehicles and at least one of these was non-operational when the Germans invaded.  According to Zaloga on 10th may 1940 the Belgian army had the following

T13 (all types)- 228
T15  - 56
ACG1 - 8

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

sultanbev

I put two as that is how many they had (at one model = 1 platoon), all in one squadron, and as far as I can tell they operated all together. I have put them in an Army support list, alongside the 28cm rail guns, 3.7" AA, pioneers etc. List BKCBL109 on the Wargames Vault.
Note 7 says "This list is not a stand alone list, but details extra support unit options available to other list. It is suggested only one item can be selected from this list, for example, one Artillery Battalion or Group, one AA Battalion, one Pioneer Battalion, or one armoured unit."

I'm just being thorough :) As 2 models is the maximum, 1 is obviously an option.

Orcs

Quote from: sultanbev on 09 May 2021, 10:55:36 PM
I put two as that is how many they had (at one model = 1 platoon), all in one squadron, and as far as I can tell they operated all together. I have put them in an Army support list, alongside the 28cm rail guns, 3.7" AA, pioneers etc. List BKCBL109 on the Wargames Vault.
Note 7 says "This list is not a stand alone list, but details extra support unit options available to other list. It is suggested only one item can be selected from this list, for example, one Artillery Battalion or Group, one AA Battalion, one Pioneer Battalion, or one armoured unit."

I'm just being thorough :) As 2 models is the maximum, 1 is obviously an option.

Yes ,that would make sense. I was not thinking of them operating together

pbeccas

Operationally they were used in a recon roll.