ECW project. For King and Parliament rules.

Started by sheepman 1, 15 April 2021, 07:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

You may find the BCW Project regimental wiki useful, https://wiki.bcw-project.org/start

I also found this list of coat colours from Wargames Designs useful, https://www.wargamesdesigns.com/history.html

There is also a very useful series of articles written by Charles Kightly, illustrated by Anthony Barton and first published in Military Modelling Magazine (PM me if you would like a copy)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sheepman 1

Hey thanks Paulr, very interesting site. Allot of conjecture with many of the regiments but at least all the available info is in one place. Ta very much.
Dave.

The_Wrong_Khovanskiy

Well done on these, they look awesome! Also, the basing is sooo clean, what did you use for flock?

sheepman 1

To be honest I tend to theme each periods basing to whatever I have the most basing material lying around, I'm really a tight arse and won't spend if I don't have to but that said the grit is Woodland Scenic 'Fine ballast' with a bit of green dyed fine sawdust strategically placed around. With 10mm I think that grass type flock overwhelms the figures but the main knack is t keep basing material off the sides of the base to give a crisp finish if you know what I mean.
Dave.

John Cook

Quote from: sheepman 1 on 17 April 2021, 11:14:15 AM
To be honest I tend to theme each periods basing to whatever I have the most basing material lying around, I'm really a tight arse and won't spend if I don't have to but that said the grit is Woodland Scenic 'Fine ballast' with a bit of green dyed fine sawdust strategically placed around. With 10mm I think that grass type flock overwhelms the figures but the main knack is t keep basing material off the sides of the base to give a crisp finish if you know what I mean.
Dave.

Try 2mm static grass.  It is perfect for 10mm figures. 

sheepman 1

DecemDave

My 12 month ECW project finally reaches the most critical element

The_Wrong_Khovanskiy

These wee fluffy lads sure look important, make sure they end up pristine!

Also, how easy is it to take off minis from hot glue?

FierceKitty

One of the woolly troopers needs a banner with a cross St George.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

DecemDave

Quote from: The_Wrong_Khovanskiy on 20 April 2021, 12:05:33 PM
Also, how easy is it to take off minis from hot glue?

Its just cheap PVA (Poundland type) so it holds them for painting (mostly!) but they either  pull or can be wobbled off.  levered by the base if they have weak legs.

FierceKitty

Behold the Lamb of Cod!

DecemDave

Quote from: FierceKitty on 20 April 2021, 12:13:28 PM
One of the woolly troopers needs a banner with a cross St George.
I was going to base 1/2 of  them with a general and have them follow him around like er... loyal subjects
And the other 1/2 getting in the way of a wagon

FierceKitty

I'm sure they're sheeply devoted to their leader.

sheepman 1

Two more battalia done, this time Essex's Lord Generals  Rgt for Parliament. Note that in For King and Parliament these are classed as large units hence the third rank. Now I'm not sure if this gives them a bit of a Thirty Years war look about them but as I couldn't extend the frontage I had no choice, what do you recon?

A couple more here: https://thenorthumbrianwargamer.blogspot.com/search/label/10mm%20ECW

The sheepman tag is from my farming days, you can well understand that the lads at the club let me know all of the connotations of my past association with livestock, but I'm broad shouldered enough to take it, well if you can't laugh at yourself and all that!  ;D
Still can't seem to make these photos smaller, where precisely do I type in the numbers to do this?
Dave.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner