Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
14 April 2021, 02:38:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check our 2020 Releases Summary to see f you've missed anything!
321608 Posts in 18504 Topics by 2312 Members
Latest Member: Zookie
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Wider Wargaming
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: Lord Speedy of Leighton)
| | |-+  Society of Ancients Battleday: Bosworth refight
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Society of Ancients Battleday: Bosworth refight  (Read 268 times)
Big Insect
Colonel

« on: 06 April 2021, 02:52:07 PM »

Society of Ancients BattleDay update

With Covid Restrictions due to be lifted in late June 2021, Battleday 2021 (Bosworth) has now been rescheduled to take place on Sunday 15th August 2021 in Newbury.
The venue is Shaw House, Church Road, Newbury RG14 2DR.  The venue, which has a café, will be open at 9am and the event will run until 4pm. The attendance fee will be £10.

Those wishing to attend should now register with Richard Lockwood battleday@soa.org.uk . Since the number of tables is limited, probably 8-10, boards will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. So get your request for a table in quickly. Those without a game will have the opportunity of participating in one of the games being run.

For those unaware of how SoA Battledays work, the format is simple, each year (normally a year ahead of the day) the nominated battle is announced and players are encouraged to attend to put on participation games, in any scale, using any sets of rules, to play the all play that particular battle through on the table-top. You do not have to be an SoA member to attend or put on a game but it is well worth becoming a member. In the past there have been some really interesting presentations and lectures on the nominated battle at the start of the day.

I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Mark
DecemDave
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2021, 03:12:47 PM »

Good plug Mark .

I should be going.  I doubt my 12mm WOTR army will be ready in time though as its two projects hence. 

Just to add that there should be lots of resources available on the SoA website https://soa.org.uk/joomla/battle-day   (and in Slingshot for members)

Its a popular battle at the conferences and it will be interesting to see if either the glorious Flats version or the fun looking 54mm Britain's swoppets versions re-appear as I missed the latter.  Worth going for either one. 

Dave
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: