The Austrians are coming

Started by Smithy, 29 March 2021, 06:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smithy

Following on from my French Napoleonic army building up some opposition is coming into view in the form of some Austrians. Currently some German line infantry and Chevaulegers (you might recognise from the Painting Comp). Some Grenadiers and artillery on the work bench and will be sending a new order in the direction of Leon soon including some flags
Oh and I definitely need to work on my camera skills!!
Stay safe out there

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Smashing job on those, Smithy !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil. :)

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Some photography advice, hopefully of use
It looks like you are using a single quite strong light source. I'd suggest placing it slightly further away, also try using a sheet of white card or similar as a reflector from the back right to lighten the shadows a little.
If you can control the exposure on your camera I'd suggest reducing the aperture (making it smaller, increasing the F number); this will give you a deeper depth of field (more depth in focus) and reduce the overexposure which is washing out some of the details
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Smithy

Thanks for all the comments and thank you Paul for the camera advice. I'll certainly put this to good use in the next batch of pics
Thanks all
Smithy

Westmarcher

Out of interest, Smithy, what base sizes?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Smithy

Infantry are on 20x20. Cavalry, artillery and division/Corps commanders on 30x30. I'm waiting to have enough units to play test Bataille Empire

Shecky

KeithS

Nice work, you must have a steady hand.
I'll bring up the rest of the brigade.

Smithy

Thanks Keith, not really been drinking during lockdown so that's probably helped!!! Still not nailing the detail but pretty happy with progress. Only started painting 10mm about December last year and it's amazing the effect you can get for much less time when compared to 28mm etc

cudders

Excellent work pal.

My Naps are on the back burner for a while. Posts like this don't help me focus  :-

Cudders

Leman

Austrian armies of most eras always look impressive, as does yours  =D> =D> =D>
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!