Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
14 April 2021, 03:56:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Peninsular Napoleonic project is complete, updates coming soon!
321610 Posts in 18504 Topics by 2312 Members
Latest Member: Zookie
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Requests
| | |-+  Late 19th C./Colonial Requests
| | | |-+  Plains War Bow and Arrow figure
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Plains War Bow and Arrow figure  (Read 589 times)
Heedless Horseman
Captain

« on: 29 March 2021, 04:03:10 AM »

I was idly browsing the Plains War figures... (actually looking for possible 'proxy' figs for something else!)... when I realised that there are NO 'Indians' with 'Bow & Arrow'! Surely a 'Must'?  Smiley
There is a kneeling bowman in the Aztec range, but...

So, maybe a Brave bowman on foot... (but, more like what I was searching for)... a mounted  Brave shooting bow.... PREFERABLY bare chested and with no fancy Head-dress, hair in a plait down back... ?  Cheesy

(Ok, I confess!  Shocked I was sort of looking for 'Dothraki Screamers' ! lol. No 'plans' for a GOT project... but just looking at possible proxy figs. There IS a thread elsewhere where someone was amassing GOT force lists... but I was idly  browsing for myself).  Wink
Raider4
Colonel

« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2021, 01:40:29 PM »

(Ok, I confess!  Shocked I was sort of looking for 'Dothraki Screamers' ! lol. No 'plans' for a GOT project... but just looking at possible proxy figs.)

Yeah, I had the same thought a few years ago, decided the existing figures were not suitable Sad
Heedless Horseman
Captain

« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2021, 05:23:29 AM »

Yeah, I had the same thought a few years ago, decided the existing figures were not suitable Sad

Dunno. If someone was happy for VERY 'proxy' forces,... and had the time and patience for weapon change / etc., there IS scope. This IS 10mm...and armies would not be 'competition standard', but...

Mounted Plains Indian with Tomahawk... very fiddly weapon conversion to 'Arrak'... but a similar Bow armed fig  def needed for Dothraki!
Other figs 'might do'...with cutting and shield additions as appropriate!
Samurai for Lannister inf... etc.  LOADS of figs are 'possibles' for the various forces... iF someone really wanted to have a go!

In 10mm, it would be the 'paint job'... overall 'effect', that COULD work pretty well.

LOL! Seen the price for FOUR 'Dothraki Screamers' in 28mm ? !!!   Shocked Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: