Name our Building?!

Started by Leon, 28 March 2021, 05:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt J

The MD of the last company I worked for was a massive trekkie.
Company was called Enterprise and we had a sister company called Voyager based at Stargate business centre.

I'd go for Pavlov House
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Norm

Pendraken Forge

Pendraken Workshop

Pendraken Place

Pendraken's Cave

Pendraken Hovel

Pendraken HQ

Pendraken Works

Pendraken Studio Ten

Studio Ten

The Forge

Dave's Place

The Hovel

The Lead Mountain

10mm Design Studio

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Andystenhouse

How about

The Gabion
The Redoubt
Turner House
Artificer House
Kuznets (Russian for Blacksmith)
Plover House

FierceKitty

Tintagel is very obviously the one, but I was beaten to it.

Techno II

I like that.....Tintagel House ?

Cheers - Phil.

Ithoriel

Quote from: Techno II on 29 March 2021, 08:37:42 AM
I like that.....Tintagel House ?

Cheers - Phil.

Would they wind up with visitors looking for the former Met Police HQ? :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Pendraken House sounds good to me.  It explains who you are, Makes it easy for deliveries, even if the address is not quite right.

The name is generic enough for other owners should you sell.

You and Dave have worked hard for nearly 30 years to make the company what it is , so why not leave your mark in the form of a house named after the company?

The only reason not to would be if you were to outgrow this place.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

How about 'Element House"?

An Element is a fundamental part of Wargames Armies, rule sets and even could be parts of an MDF kit.

Definitions of Element(s)

elements :- The rudimentary principles of an art, science, etc.:

A natural habitat, sphere of activity, environment, etc.: - to be in one's element; Water is the element of fish.
Any group of people singled out within a larger group by identifiable behavior patterns, common interests, ie wargamers
A component or constituent of a whole or one of the parts into which a whole may be resolved by analysis: - Bricks and mortar are elements of every masonry wall. Or Lead Figures and MDF bases and Buildings are element of a wargame.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

They'd have to install periodic chairs and tables. All visitors would be called Watson. There would be gnomes, sylphs, nymphs, and salamanders everywhere....more trouble than it's worth.

Who allowed a cadet to reply - Welcome Andystenhouse   ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Orcs on 29 March 2021, 09:30:54 AM
Pendraken House sounds good to me.  It explains who you are, Makes it easy for deliveries, even if the address is not quite right.

The name is generic enough for other owners should you sell.

You and Dave have worked hard for nearly 30 years to make the company what it is , so why not leave your mark in the form of a house named after the company?

The only reason not to would be if you were to outgrow this place.

Inclined to agree here.
Reinforcing the brand - or something they'd say on The Apprentice.

Gwydion

Well, being an awkward s-d, it's not a house is it? And if it is an official postal address someone else will eventually have to live with, but you want brand association, how about

Pendraken Building

or

Unit Vector

(as it is an industrial unit. And wargames have 'units'. And Red Vectors is one of your brands.)

Ithoriel

29 March 2021, 12:27:59 PM #44 Last Edit: 29 March 2021, 12:34:17 PM by Ithoriel
I have been to "Houses" that were office blocks, a dance studio, a data centre and a police HQ (the aforementioned Tintagel House) so Pendraken House for a workshop does not seem particularly outlandish.

How about Pendraken Palace instead? :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data