The Move Pics and Updates!

Started by Leon, 28 March 2021, 05:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Is there any significance in the different colours of casting machine?

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Quote from: Orcs on 21 April 2021, 10:54:18 AM
Is there any significance in the different colours of casting machine?

Not at all, they'd always been bare metal in the past so we thought it would be nice to add a bit of colour to the casting room.  Each of the guys chose their own colours.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Matt J on 20 April 2021, 04:39:59 PM
It's not that high to climb over.... unless you are a casting dwarf trying to escape  :)

Angus Lennie was a rather short fellow.
His problem wasn't the height, but the cunningly sited machinegun tower.
Machinegun towers are out of fashion in these modern times.
Not since we have lasers.

DHautpol

21 April 2021, 11:48:31 AM #183 Last Edit: 21 April 2021, 11:50:29 AM by DHautpol
"Nice bit of fencing, I can picture the late Angus Lennie* trying to climb over it.

(* From the motion picture The Great Escape - M'lud)"

I must say that "Stalag Pendraken" flashed through my mind as well when I saw the photo.  
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: DHautpol on 21 April 2021, 11:48:31 AM

I must say that "Stalag Pendraken" flashed through my mind as well when I saw the photo. 

Don't want those casting Dwarves escaping, They have been in "Lockdown" since 1992
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

DecemDave

Quote from: Techno II on 20 April 2021, 04:57:31 PM
The place looks brilliant, Leon !! :-bd

I think we're all SO pleased for you and the team.

Thirded.  And as I put on my email, there really is no rush for my order.  End of the week would be fine!!!   :D :D

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: DecemDave on 21 April 2021, 12:43:09 PM
Thirded.  And as I put on my email, there really is no rush for my order.  End of the week would be fine!!!   :D :D

Sorry but I NEED MINE NOW  :'(  :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

21 April 2021, 10:22:23 PM #187 Last Edit: 21 April 2021, 10:24:24 PM by Leon
Today's big news is that the outside fencing is complete and it's made a huge difference to the external appearance, it looks so much tidier and more 'professional' really.  We need to give the original gates a new coat of paint and longer term we'll infill the internal grass/weed borders with concrete instead.  I'd like a bit of greenery/nature to the front so I think we're going to build some basic raised beds and pop some of those meadow seeds in to give us some colour out front.

NewFence1 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

NewFence2 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

We've made huge strides on the order front as well, with 40 packages going out today and another 60 ready for posting out tomorrow.  The laser team have really ploughed through their stack and we're almost up to date on all MDF items.

LotsofOrders by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

And we now have an address!  We've confirmed that Cleveland House has been used previously so we've just reinstated that rather than go through the hassle/paperwork of changing it with the relevant places.  Our first two deliveries arrived today from Epsilon and Vallejo so we've been able to fill a few back orders.

NewAddress by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Thursday we'll be continuing to get the orders out, the upstairs office will be finished ready for painting, and we'll be spending a few hours over at Old Pendraken to get the last of our stuff out of there.  We've got a skip arriving for a load of the junk, so we should be able to start painting it early next week before we hand the keys back on the 30th.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Orcs on 21 April 2021, 11:50:17 AM
Don't want those casting Dwarves escaping, They have been in "Lockdown" since 1992

And you know what Dwarves are like when it comes to digging.
This does explain the early installation of the concrete floors.

steve_holmes_11

pierre the shy

Quote from: ianrs54 on 21 April 2021, 01:25:25 PM
Sorry but I NEED MINE NOW  :'(  :d

My order arrived yesterday afternoon  :) mainly MDF bases.....yes l got the very distinct newly laser cut mdf smell when l opened the box  :D
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Raider4 on 22 April 2021, 09:11:14 PM
Do not ever do that again.

No Sir! Very sorry sir.
It was inappropriate and in the worst possible taste.
Won't happen again.

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 22 April 2021, 11:43:55 PM
No Sir! Very sorry sir.
It was inappropriate and in the worst possible taste.
Won't happen again.

Oh yes it will  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

d_Guy

Congratulations on your latest (and so far, greatest) move, Leon. The documentation of it has been epic.

I wonder, can we request the color of the molding machine to be used 'cause I really like blue? Will you ever get a green one do you suppose?
Have you thought about producing vials of fresh MDF vapor?  :D
Sleep with clean hands ...