The Move Pics and Updates!

Started by Leon, 28 March 2021, 05:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 07 April 2021, 12:21:41 PM
A window in the laser room.

Other stamps are available for laser mishaps.

While searching or that lot, I noticed that the Thunderer has its finger on the pulse of all the latest stories.

Stupid boy: Uncle Arthur was Pike's dad

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/stupid-boy-uncle-arthur-was-pike-s-dad-says-ian-lavender-fch3flxlf

Makes you proud of our free and fearless press.

Leon

Today's focus was on the laser room to make sure that it's all done and ready for the carpets arriving on Thursday, so we've got the plasterboard finished, the sparky put all of our lights and switches in and then we quickly popped the skirting boards on tonight.

LaserLights1 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

LaserLights2 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

There's still a few jobs to do in there, the sockets need putting on, the plasterboard needs skimming and some holes need filling, the window needs framing and we need a new pair of doors at the corridor entrance.  Then the whole room needs a coat of paint as well.

While he was here the electrician popped the lights and emergency lights in the exit corridor as well.

CorridorLights by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Elsewhere we had the security company onsite upgrading the alarm system to a fancy new one which I can control using my phone.  Everyone will have their own entry code so we can see whos's opened/closed each day and I can set the alarm remotely if we ever forget to set it as we leave.  We've got CCTV cameras coming as well which will also link to the phone so that I can watch them from home.

And some good news for everyone, we're a bit ahead of schedule on the workshop side of things so we got Dave and Ian to do a day's casting each so we've managed to get a good chunk of orders done and ready to go out in Thursday's post.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Ohh remote vision on the casting dwarves!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

The Dark Lord transforms effortlessly into Big Brother!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Redstef

This is EXACTLY how Cyberdine Systems started !
"From each according to ability, to each according to need" Karl Marx.............I really need those figures

2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 4 x Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner, 1 x Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Redstef on 07 April 2021, 10:55:36 PM
This is EXACTLY how Cyberdine Systems started !

10mm high terminators might be easier to deal with :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

Quote from: Leon on 07 April 2021, 09:28:46 PM
We've got CCTV cameras coming as well which will also link to the phone so that I can watch them from home.
Does this mean you can live stream the doings of ... whatever you're going to call the building? Imagine! I get a text saying that my order is being cast ... and if I go to camera 6 I can see it happen! "Day 23 in the Pendraken House, and Balor, son of Hokul son of Malgon son  of someone in the 1928 Dwarf All Stars team is discussing Nobby's orders ..."

Quote from: Leon on 07 April 2021, 09:28:46 PM
And some good news for everyone, we're a bit ahead of schedule on the workshop side of things so we got Dave and Ian to do a day's casting each so we've managed to get a good chunk of orders done and ready to go out in Thursday's post.
Huzzah! Or rather Light Dragoons!

Pendraken: good things happening to good people. I am proud to give you my money.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

pierre the shy

Quote from: fsn on 08 April 2021, 06:35:29 AM
Pendraken: good things happening to good people. I am proud to give you my money.

Looks like its going really well  :-bd

made a modest order myself recently to assist with PM's cashflow (including some lasercut bases  ;))
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Ithoriel on 07 April 2021, 11:14:31 PM

Not so sure, I remember stepping on Lego.

steve_holmes_11

I am hugely impressed by your building coordination skills.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 08 April 2021, 09:54:09 AM
I am hugely impressed by your building coordination skills.

Of course it will NEVER EVER FLY
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

pierre the shy

PM must be working double overtime since I got a shipping confirmation for the order I did a couple of days ago ;)
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Leon

Does this mean you can live stream the doings of ... whatever you're going to call the building? Imagine! I get a text saying that my order is being cast ... and if I go to camera 6 I can see it happen!

Not quite to that level I'm afraid, the cameras are mainly external plus a couple in the shop area.

Quote from: pierre the shy on 08 April 2021, 08:36:33 AM
made a modest order myself recently to assist with PM's cashflow (including some lasercut bases  ;))

We really appreciate these new orders at the moment, the moving costs have severely depleted the funds (long story, the bank screwed us for an £3500 at the last minute) so every penny helps right now.  Once we get in and settled things will be fine again but it's a bit nervy right now!

Quote from: pierre the shy on 08 April 2021, 09:00:40 PM
PM must be working double overtime since I got a shipping confirmation for the order I did a couple of days ago ;)

Luckily that was mostly stock items plus those trays, so all done and shipped out!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

d_Guy

Quote from: Ithoriel on 07 April 2021, 11:14:31 PM

Clearly you've never stepped on one in your bare feet  :D

Sleep with clean hands ...