The Move Pics and Updates!

Started by Leon, 28 March 2021, 05:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Today we had the carpeting guys in to make our new laser room look rather nice!

LaserCarpet2 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

LaserCarpet1 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Upstairs we've got half of the joists up so we started a bit of plasterboarding up there.  We've gone for exposed beams in the office for a bit more character (and it's easier to lay them above than below with these wider centres!)  

UpstairsBoards by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

And out in the workshop our little rubber feet arrived so we can now start fitting the racks to the walls and bring over some moulds!

RacksWall by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Friday will be more joists and plasterboard in the office, another 2 mould racks from old Pendraken to fill this wall run, and then we might get a batch of moulds over in the afternoon.  We're also building the casting area partitions ready to screw to the floor next week.  And last job for the day will be the plastering in the laser room (as long as I can find my dust sheets to protect that new carpet!)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Matt J

Plasterer is going to love you when he comes to that ceiling  ;D
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Matt J

Cracking pace of work. It's that quick I'm half expecting LLB to walk in with a flash suit to do the finishing decor.

:-bd
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Leon

Quote from: Matt J on 08 April 2021, 10:30:03 PM
Plasterer is going to love you when he comes to that ceiling  ;D

Sadly the plasterer is me!   :(

There's a skin of plasterboard going on the outside of that wall so I'll probably just tape/fill the gaps at the end of the joists and then we'll paint it all white inside.

Quote from: Matt J on 08 April 2021, 10:45:22 PM
Cracking pace of work. It's that quick I'm half expecting LLB to walk in with a flash suit to do the finishing decor.

I'll have to get a pic of my eldest, he's not far off the 'full Bowen' at the moment.  He's taken to shirts and waistcoats for 95% of his attire, even when gardening or just sitting in his room, so all he'd need is some fluffy cuffs and he's there.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Quote from: pierre the shy on 08 April 2021, 09:00:40 PM
PM must be working double overtime since I got a shipping confirmation for the order I did a couple of days ago ;)
Quote from: Leon on 08 April 2021, 09:52:31 PM
Luckily that was mostly stock items plus those trays, so all done and shipped out!

The trays were, of course, the items I asked Pierre the Shy to add to the order, yet another special from me :-[
Thanks for getting those out so quickly while in the middle of the move =D> =D> =D>

Very pleased to hear our pennies are helping ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Quote from: Leon on 08 April 2021, 10:50:18 PM
Sadly the plasterer is me!   :(

Gad, is there no end to your talents! We already know you don't sleep but finishing drywall in your spare time is over and above (literally). :)

I received an order of bases yesterday and have (for reasons surpassing all understanding) a small order for Napoleonics placed. You don't seem to be missing a beat. Your products and service remain nonpareil.
Sleep with clean hands ...

fsn

Quote from: d_Guy on 09 April 2021, 03:27:17 PM
... a small order for Napoleonics placed.
That's how I started.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Today was more work upstairs with plasterboarding and stud walls for the office.  We've got the carpets coming up there in about 10 days so we need to get this all finished off next week.  I've got the electrician back next Tuesday as well to put the lights and sockets in for us. 

Yesterday was officially the final postage day from Old Pendraken and today we broke down the whole packaging area and brought it all over to New Pendraken.  There are a lot of orders in the system at the moment (with quite a few waiting on paints/decals/resin deliveries) so we decided that the safest way to get them moved over was to lay them all out in a mosaic on the van floor!  There's some little sneaky new things hiding among these as well, for the eagle-eyed among you...

VanOrders by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

We managed to get the first row of mould racks secured to the walls today so we went and got the first batch of production moulds as well, which fills in almost everything from Ancient Greece to around 1812.  The next lot will come over on Mon/Tues and then the machines can be cleaned down and prepped for the move later in the week.

VanMoulds by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

MouldsOnRacks1 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I spy with my little eye...
Mon6!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

And for folks who prefer a bit of video with my inane waffling...

Week 1 Update:

Week 2 Update:

steve_holmes_11

I'm incredibly bad at visualising the innards of hollow things.
But those mould cylinders on racks remind me of the bad old days of open reel half inch tape storage.

Quote"Dammit Jim, the Architecture Vulcan has corrupted his autocads again.
Uhurua, fetch me reels 079, 084 and 257 from the vault".

Work was so much more enjoyable in those days.

paulr

Interesting videos, shows how much thought and effort goes into organising just the packing room and keeping orders straight
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

I want to know which vacuum cleaner(s) you're going to get......Or is the mould room going to be hermetically sealed, to stop all of the talcum powder getting into every nook and cranny throughout the building. ;)

Ooooh !......What IS the new address, Leon ?........I'm not sending all of the masters to the wrong place. :D

Cheers - Phil. :)

Raider4

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 10 April 2021, 12:23:31 AM
But those mould cylinders on racks remind me of the bad old days of open reel half inch tape storage.

$DEITY, yes! Flashbacks to my first proper job, with a room full with racks containing >2k 2400' mag tapes.

Raider4

Quote from: Techno II on 10 April 2021, 06:58:51 AM
Ooooh !......What IS the new address, Leon ?........I'm not sending all of the masters to the wrong place. :D

Good point. Where do the few of us who still post orders (with cheques!) to you send our money to now?