The Move Pics and Updates!

Started by Leon, 28 March 2021, 05:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Camera angles can produce some very interesting results.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Techno II on 13 April 2021, 07:27:30 AM
Bottom piccy...

Is it me, or does the wall with the door in the top right corner look like it's at strange angle ?

(The plain white door..not the stripey one...with a cat flap.......If that IS a door.)

Cheers - Phil. :)

This is the bit where Lovecraft's protagonist is about to meet the Cthulhu monsters.

Techno II

Quote from: Leman on 13 April 2021, 09:10:25 AM
Camera angles can produce some very interesting results.

True, Andy  :).....But from where the pic was taken....If anything, I'd have expected to see the wall looking like it was leaning the other way.

Cheers - Phil 8-}....Gibber.

fsn

I don't know if I should mention it, but there's a very big hair got stuck in that floor.  :(
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

Gosh, Leon must be really grateful for all you guys' professional comments!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: Lord Speedy of Leighton on 10 April 2021, 09:32:40 AM
Anyone else spot the can of coke halfway down the stairs?

:D

I've been tempted to hide one in the photos here and there to see if anyone notices!

Is it me, or does the wall with the door in the top right corner look like it's at strange angle ?

It must be the angle as I've not noticed it being out of whack in real life.  We have found though that a lot of the existing walls aren't square, which has caused some fun when we've built a perfectly level new stud wall and find ourselves with a random gap when we reach the original brickwork.

I don't know why that door has a cat flap either, extremely weird.  There's a roller door outside that door, so there's no access in/out through it anyway.  I'm curious as to whether it's to let the cat out or the rats in?!

Quote from: fsn on 13 April 2021, 08:02:20 PM
I don't know if I should mention it, but there's a very big hair got stuck in that floor.  :(

I know, it'll certainly make your hair stand on end if you grabbed it...!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

We've made some good progress today with the casting partitions put into position and the initial wiring brought through.  We need to finish the white cover boards and wire in the rest of the plugs this weekend.

CastingPartitions by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Partition1 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

The laser machine room is now ready for the machines to come over on Wednesday, with all of the sockets fitted and our nice new worktops in place as well.  We just need to get some cornicing to finish off the walls and run a bit of sealant around all of the electrical fixtures.

LaserWorktops by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

And upstairs we're continuing with the framework and plasterboarding to complete this room.  BT are coming on Thursday to fit our phone lines and turn the internet on, and then the electrician is back on Saturday to fit our lights and sockets for us.  Then we can finish off the walls and get some paint on them!

OfficeBoarded by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno II

Quote from: Leon on 13 April 2021, 09:43:02 PM
I've been tempted to hide one in the photos here and there to see if anyone notices!

Coke can ?......I spy, with my little eye.....
(I can't really...unless it's in the black toolbox. :D)

It MUST be the camera angle that's causing some weird distortions......or the camera's on a pretty 'wide angle' setting....I can see more 'out of kilter' bits. (But again, not the way I'd expect)
:'( 8-} :'(.......
Perhaps the original architect plans were drawn by that nice Mr M.C Hammer Escher ?

...and it was a cat flap ?  :o

Nobby, leave that hair where it is !

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

|Perhaps there are many rats on the estate and you need to have a moggy on the pay role.

Name the Pendraken Moggy competition??

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Big Insect

Bottom piccy...
(The plain white door..not the stripey one...with a cat flap.......If that IS a door.)

A Pendraken company Cat ... I like it  :D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Well all cats should be call either Bag Puss or Mog
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

Quote from: ianrs54 on 14 April 2021, 12:16:20 PM
Well all cats should be call either Bag Puss or Mog

Hisssssss.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.