The Move Pics and Updates!

Started by Leon, 28 March 2021, 05:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

As with our previous move in 2012 I thought it would be nice to give everyone some daily updates and pics as we progress through the transfer to our new home.  There's a lot more to be done this time around as it's a much bigger place and we need to do some initial alterations to the building before we can move in.

Jobs by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

The building is generally in good condition and we've got some rooms that are fine as they are.  The workshop is the main area of work as we need to firstly partition it off into a laser room and casting room, and then we need to replace a previous mezzanine floor which will give me my new office.  The whole workshop area needs a good clean down and repaint as well and the casting room needs fresh wiring bringing in to the centre of the room to power all of the casting machines and melting pots.  So firstly we had to get a load of timber delivered so that we can get started on the new rooms:

Timber1 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Timber2 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

So several tons of timber arrived at 7:30am on Saturday morning and we also collected the scaffolding tower ready for the redecorating works.  We'll be able to use it to fix some of the lighting as well.

Workshop1 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Monday's plan is:

- decorate the casting room and start on the workshop walls.
- build the timber frames for the new laser room.
- start welding the new racks and workstations for the casting guys
- fill the cabling channel with concrete before we leave for the day.
- start clearing the brush from external fencing ready for new security fencing coming.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Laser room!

Bet it's not as exciting as it sounds - but I would still make "pyow pyow" noises as I went in.

Quote from: Leon on 28 March 2021, 05:40:29 PM
- start welding the new racks and workstations for the casting guys
The rack? Extreme discipline at Pendraken?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Wow, that looks like a lot ofac, but I bet it will soon fill up when everything arrives!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I note the bottle of coke has arrived already!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Sounds like an easy couple of weeks Leon  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Quote from: Lord Speedy of Leighton on 28 March 2021, 06:08:42 PM
I note the bottle of coke has arrived already!

And a can of the stuff. :o

Cheers - Phil :)

fsn

That box (bottom picture, extreme left) looks sad.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

29 March 2021, 10:31:34 PM #7 Last Edit: 29 March 2021, 10:33:47 PM by Leon
We had a solid 1st day of proper work today with a lot of progress being made on multiple fronts.  We went and picked up all of the box section for the new tables and racking, as well as the metal mitre saw from the tool hire place.  We had 4 teams running today:

- Dave and Ian on metal cutting and welding for the new tables and racking
- Mike, me and Jimbo on timber assembling the new laser machine room
- Ashley, Joshua and Ben in the new moulding room getting it cleaned out and redecorated
- Adele and Jess in the packaging room getting it cleaned out and prepped for all of the stock drawers coming over
- We also had Lynne outside fighting with the overgrown foliage along the fence line ready for the new security fencing arriving

The new room is coming together nicely and we should have the floor joists on there tomorrow and the rest of the walls in place.  We've got stairs coming on Thursday so we can't finish that side until they've arrived, so we'll probably start on the 2nd floor in the meantime.

LaserStudWall by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Most of the metal has been cut and Dave/Ian welded together the first of the new tables as a test, so there'll be another 3 of those done by Tues all ready for painting.  The mould racks should be done as well and we can start fitting those to the walls next week (the walls need painting first).

Newtable by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

The packaging room should be the first to be completed and Jess spent the afternoon cleaning all of the drawers/units of talc powder, so that we're not dragging all of the dust straight into the new place!  

Packaging1 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

I need to get the new casting electrics cable concreted into the floor on Tues as well, ready for the electrician coming on Wed.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Great to watch other people do all the hard work  :)

While your doing ll this - How long before you get a message like below?

PS. When is my order for 23 individual figures from 13 different ranges coming , I placed it yesterday.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

A very productive first proper day :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

steve_holmes_11

Wow!!
Good going.

I've spent 2 days clearing junk out of my garage and installing hooks on the wall to hang my bike paraphernalia.
I'd estimate my effort at about a 1/32nd of a Pendraken - and I'm exhausted.

Orcs

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 30 March 2021, 01:14:33 PM
Wow!!
Good going.

I've spent 2 days clearing junk out of my garage and installing hooks on the wall to hang my bike paraphernalia.
I'd estimate my effort at about a 1/32nd of a Pendraken - and I'm exhausted.

Thats because 1/32 is actually 54mm, so as Pendraken is 10mm you are expending energy at 5.4 times  that of a Pendraken person.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

More progress today with the ceiling joists in for the laser machine room, the worktops fitted in the packaging room, the mould racks made and lastly, the foliage cleared outside ready for the new security fencing!

LaserJoists by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Packaging2 by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

MouldRacks by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Foliage by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Tomorrow we'll be boarding out the second floor for the new office, as well as the 2nd level of the stud walls.  The packaging room should be just about complete apart from the computer and packaging materials which have to remain at the current unit until we've got the phone lines/internet transferred over.  The mould racks and tables will be getting painted and we can finally get the floor swept and ready for painting now that most of the cutting/welding work has been done.  The electrician will be here as well to fix the electrics and put our new wiring into the laser room and office.

Orcs

Looking good so far- what is going to go wrong ?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021