Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
18 October 2021, 04:57:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check our 2020 Releases Summary to see f you've missed anything!
331855 Posts in 18926 Topics by 2334 Members
Latest Member: Jemima Fawr
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Rules!
| |-+  Blitzkrieg Commander IV
| | |-+  BKC-IV Rule Queries
| | | |-+  Removing hits at the end of the turn
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Removing hits at the end of the turn  (Read 599 times)
richafricanus
Cadet

« on: 21 March 2021, 06:01:58 AM »

We've been playing that both players remove outstanding hits at the end of each players' turn, but noticed today that on p.18 under Sequence of Play it says only the Active player removes hits.  Seems pretty clear and we've probably just been stupid until now, but just checking that this interpretation is correct as it's a pretty significant difference from what we've been doing.  Only the Active player removes hits at the end of their turn?
fred.
Lieutenant General

« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2021, 07:30:16 AM »

Active player is correct.

But doing it your way probably isnít that signficant, as you donít take that many hits in your turn - opportunity fire being the main one

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Playtester
Field Marshal

« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2021, 08:43:15 AM »

I made little red/yellow counters to show surppression, rather than red dice. I remove the hits at the end of a turn.

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF HURRAY
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021
richafricanus
Cadet

« Reply #3 on: 23 March 2021, 03:11:24 AM »

I haven't played enough to comment on how significant the difference is on average, but in the game we played on Sunday it was important.  I managed to get a Panther outflanked by 3 T-34s and at the end of my opponent's turn had 3 hits.  In my turn, I had the option to move and make a dash into cover, but of course would have received opportunity fire from 3 tanks which likely would have finished me off.  I opted to stay put and take my chances next turn.  If I'd been able to remove those hits, I would have made a run for it in my turn.  Of course the opportunity fire could have suppressed me and left me stuck in the open anyway.  Cry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: