BRV 68 Assembly

Started by holdfast, 19 March 2021, 09:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holdfast

As is so often the case, I am baffled.
BRV 68 has a cupola and a machine gun.
Where do they fit onto the vehicle please, as it isn't obvious to me and the vehicle had just (only just) gone out of service when I joined up, so I cannot remember.

Leon

Those go on the front right of the passenger compartment, here's a pic:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Know it's not 1-1 but a platoon of 5 should mount 2 x 50cal and 3 30 cal (boss and MG Sect with the big 50)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

19 March 2021, 11:09:48 AM #3 Last Edit: 19 March 2021, 11:14:27 AM by Raider4
Did the British have the MGs fitted? They tended not to on tanks.

Great photo from Wikipedia (original source the IWM):

Love the built-up, heavily loaded carrier.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Early on .50cals, if fitted,  were generally knicked for other uses, like aircraft. Only in the later war period did British have them.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

The British did tend to remove the US MG's. There is some pictorial evidence of the pulpit but it is rare, I have one in a Vangaurd with a Bren in the pulpit. But a lot (may be most) were converted from M14 AA vehicles.These didn't have pulpits. Like the Soviets the British had very few if any M3's.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

I was under the impression that the British did not have pulpits
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Raider4

Quote from: Orcs on 19 March 2021, 05:30:36 PM
I was under the impression that the British did not have pulpits

According to this Wikipedia article, there were 4624 M5 (without) built, and 2859 M5A1 (with the pulpit). All were Lend-Lease, either to the British/Commonwealth, the French or the Soviets. It doesn't say whether the Brits got the M5A1 or not, but certainly 1 in 3 of the M5 built had the pulpit.

holdfast

many thanks, as ever. I will apply the pulpit as shown.
Another rabbit hole negotiated!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner