A non-Pendraken modeler...

Started by FierceKitty, 17 March 2021, 02:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Alexander you really must cut back on those pills
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Does 'Mad' still exist ?  :-\

Cheers - Phil :)

Steve J

I remember buying a few issues as a teenager and loved the illustrations, but can't remember much about the comic content. Was this the UK version/competitor of an American magazine in the same ilk?

Techno II

They used to pick on a 'current' popular/well known film in one of the features, each month ?

....and do a p*ss take ?

(Was it a monthly magazine ?)

Cheers - Phil  :-\

Big Insect

It was a US magazine - I subscribed as a kid/teenager and loved it. No idea if it is still around. It was a sort of (very tame) forerunner to Viz (in some ways).

A few years back we were in a junk shop, when on holiday, and there was a small terracotta bust of the 'mad' lad ... it now sits pride of place on a shelf in our downstairs loo ...    :D

"what me, mad?" .....
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Raider4

Quote from: Techno II on 17 March 2021, 07:48:49 AM
They used to pick on a 'current' popular/well known film in one of the features, each month ?

....and do a p*ss take ?

Aye, Can remember them 'doing' Excalibur (which dates me . . .). Didn't it have a Spy vs Spy comic strip in there as well?

John Cook

You can still get it but only on-line subscription.  I think the satire is a bit more sophisticated these days.

fsn

I loved the film spoofs, but remember the fold in?

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Don't remember that but think I remember the 'Mad' guy's name - Alfred E. Neuman?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno II

That's the one, Davy !

I remember the fold ins.....(Now you've mentioned them, Nobby.)

Cheers - Phil. :)