Battle for Saint Come Du Mont

Started by Orcs, 15 March 2021, 07:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

15 March 2021, 07:06:54 PM Last Edit: 15 March 2021, 07:47:30 PM by Orcs
Right this is an experiment. I have finally bit the bullet to see if I can post images  Thanks to MMCV's guide.

If it does not work it is me not the guide.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Trying again - I think its worked.

Pre  lockdown I put on a Big Chain of Command game. Sunjester and two other friends Colin and Henry came over.   

This game was  very loosely based on the capture of Saint Comt Du Mont , and an excuse to use the "Dead Mans Corner" building I have. 

We gave the Recce the ability to view over two hedges, based on the idea that they would take more time looking for the enemy than normal troops. All the Germans were hidden with markers showing all points where they might be. Most were dummies' but it got the British being very careful. they did not like crossing the hedges without the recce having checked out the next field first.

This made the Germans risk revealing forces to try and take out the pesky Recce tanks.

The whole table - Not sure why the photo is distorted

The objective - Saint Comt Du Mont

The village Square

Recce on the lookout

The Tiger waits

The British capture the house at Dead Mans Corner

Now I have managed to do this I may well post some more piccies. - Thanks to MMCV

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Paste the link you created between two img tags - created by clicking the icon of the picture 3rd left, second row of icons above

Ah! I'm too slow! You worked it out! :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Quote from: Matt J on 15 March 2021, 07:36:37 PM
Seriously nice looking table!

Thank you. Its taken quite a long time of collecting. I could not have done it  without  some very generous friends,  including traders who have customized what they produce for me. 

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mmcv

Great table, glad you got the pictures working, hope it leads to many more posted  :D

Techno II

Great stuff, Mark. :-bd

The distorted piccy of the table, looks like the camera has got a VERY wide angle facility...almost akin to using a 'fish eye' lens.
Try taking a piccy outside, with the same setting. If the horizon looks curved....rather than 'straight'....That'll be the answer.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Orcs

Quote from: Techno II on 16 March 2021, 07:53:45 AM
Great stuff, Mark. :-bd

The distorted piccy of the table, looks like the camera has got a VERY wide angle facility...almost akin to using a 'fish eye' lens.
Try taking a piccy outside, with the same setting. If the horizon looks curved....rather than 'straight'....That'll be the answer.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Will give that a try
I can't remember if I used the phone or my camera for that one. I certainly have not seen it before or since.

Orcs

The Recce Stuart was made out of the bits left over after making the 3  normal vehicles from the PSC pack, with addition of some .30 cal Mgs from Sergeants mess and some left over tank commanders.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

You do get a lot of spare parts with PSC....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021