Rules PDF Bundles

Started by Stewart, 11 March 2021, 09:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart

Reading about the new version of Cold War Commander has me wondering if Pendraken would consider doing a Physical + PDF bundle for their Rulesets.
Even if it's the physical rules delivered and an activation code for WargameVault/DriveThruRPG.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Sounds good, but not to commercial
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sean66

I know the old rule sets could be bought in these sets. but new owners,
Regards
Sean

Leon

It's something I've looked at doing but it's not really possible with the pdfs being done through Wargame Vault.  If we sold the Bundle through our site then we're getting the sale here and WV don't get anything.  I'd need to send a free pdf out through them and I don't think they'd be too keen on that.  Selling the whole Bundle through them is possible but then we'd lose 30% of the overall sale in fees and we wouldn't have any customer details to send the physical copy out.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Stewart

Not the labour the point, but obviously now I've said that I am going to..

I have previously backed Kickstarters that have delivered through activation on DriveThruRPG

I obviously don't understand any financial arrangements, but in this case I was provided with an activation URL as follows (I've redacted the actual IDs from the URL):
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?discount=REDACTED&affiliate_id=REDACTED

I assume the integration applies a 100% discount. But this may be something your web developer might have to integrate with to keep them unique per order id..

And it still drives traffic to their site, so they probably won't mind that much.. Especially as they also allow you to "sell" your products on their site for free anyway..

And from here I will hold my peace.  :)

Leon

Quote from: Stewart on 11 March 2021, 11:49:13 AM
I have previously backed Kickstarters that have delivered through activation on DriveThruRPG

I obviously don't understand any financial arrangements, but in this case I was provided with an activation URL as follows (I've redacted the actual IDs from the URL):
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?discount=REDACTED&affiliate_id=REDACTED

I assume the integration applies a 100% discount. But this may be something your web developer might have to integrate with to keep them unique per order id..

And it still drives traffic to their site, so they probably won't mind that much.. Especially as they also allow you to "sell" your products on their site for free anyway..

I'll have a look and talk to the guys at WV to see what the options are.  I've not considered putting free items on there in the past as it felt a bit cheeky but if it's something they're OK with then that might be something we can look at.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!