Started by Leman, 10 March 2021, 10:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ace of Spades

Quote from: Leman on 12 March 2021, 09:56:11 AM
Nah, get up here to Groningen. More countryside and fewer crowds, plus a fantastic city and lots to see for those interested in late WWII.
As long as you stay in the city it's okay (or the Bourtange fortress, that's nice too!) but I once drove east from Groningen city to Germany. It was a rainy day in the fall... my god what a depressing countryside. It's a good thing there are hardly any trees; the urge to hang yourself must be immense if you live there...  ;)

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Funnily enough I find it quite beautiful, unlike the Rockies where you can't see a thing for all the bloody mountains getting in the way. The landscape also keeps away those of an over excitable nature.  ;)
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ace of Spades

Quote from: Leman on 15 March 2021, 10:31:24 AM
Funnily enough I find it quite beautiful, unlike the Rockies where you can't see a thing for all the bloody mountains getting in the way. The landscape also keeps away those of an over excitable nature.  ;)
;D ;D ;D That certainly worked over the last few centuries if you look at the people (and I do know some people there that would dare refer to as friends...)!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!