And The Winners Are...!

Started by Leon, 08 March 2021, 03:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

08 March 2021, 03:01:34 PM Last Edit: 08 March 2021, 03:42:26 PM by Leon
First of all, thanks to everyone who has entered the 2021 Pendraken Painting Competition, after a long year of lockdowns we hope that you've enjoyed taking part.  The standard of painting has been fantastic this year and hopefully you've all enjoyed watching the entries come in as much as we have!

The voting was done by our Forum members who had 5 votes to cast per category, so without further ado...

The Winners of the 2021 Pendraken Painting Competition are...

Foot - Pre-20th C. (56 entries)

This category had the highest number of entries and there was some close voting going on to begin with.  In the end two entries pulled clear:

1st place: Forez42's 1870 French - wins £40 Pendraken credit! and a copy of the 'Pickett's Charge' ACW wargames rules from Too Fat Lardies / Dave Brown

2nd place: shrimproll9's SYW Grenzers - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Foot - 20th C. (15 entries)

This one was a much closer affair with 5 different entries all vying for 1st place, with the winner just pulling out in front on the final day!

1st place: Forez42's WWI Scottish - wins £40 Pendraken credit! and a copy of the new 'O Group' WWII wargames rules from Too Fat Lardies / Dave Brown.

2nd place: streetgang's Falklands Argentinians - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Mounted (32 entries)

Another tough category and an interesting one where the 2nd and 3rd place entries were from the same person, so would a single entry have meant a winners medal?!

1st place: shrimproll9's SYW Austrian Hussars - wins £40 Pendraken credit! and a copy of the 'General D'Armee' Napoleonic wargames rules from Too Fat Lardies / Dave Brown.

2nd place: chris_vde's Vidosvan horse archers - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Vehicle (34 entries)

We had a clear winner here with shrimproll9 picking up another prize!  2nd place was the closest race in the competition with 7-8 other entries all being in the mix for a long time.

1st place: shrimproll9's SYW wagons - wins £40 Pendraken credit! and a £25 voucher from Battlescale.

2nd place: Forez42's Russian tanks - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Fantasy & Sci-Fi (18 entries)

There were some really nice entries here and a good spread of voting across the field.  In the end it was a nice conversion job that took 1st place!  

1st place: Coenus Scaldingus's Boyar and Bear - wins £40 Pendraken credit! and a selection of 10mm Buildings from Warbases.

2nd place: Miniatureforrest's Undead cavalry - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Open - Single Base (40 entries)

There was a bit of a surprise in this category with a single figure being enough to take 1st place!  There was a real fight for 2nd place though with it going right down to the final day of voting!

1st place: Coenus Scaldingus's Wolnik the Raven-Eyed - wins £40 Pendraken credit! and a £25 voucher from TimeCast.

2nd place: BH62's French line command - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Open - Army! (28 entries)

The Army category always brings some great entries and this year was no different. Our winner was pretty constant all week but 2nd place has bounced around a bit and there was only 1 vote in it by the close of play!

1st place: mollinary's Anglo Saxons - wins £40 Pendraken credit! and £20 voucher off any fleece mat from Geek Villain.

2nd place: kodosg42's Crusaders - wins £20 Pendraken credit!

Congratulations to all of our winners!  We'll be contacting you in the next few days to get your prizes sorted out.  We'll also get your Winner's medals added to your profiles!  

Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to enter after what's been a pretty rough 12 months for all of us.  The time and effort that goes into achieving such a high standard is appreciated by all of us here and we hope you've enjoyed it as much as we have.  It was great to have the competition back and we'll be running it again in 2022!

And a thank you to all of our members for taking care of the judging as well, it was a difficult task and we appreciate you taking the time to go through all of the entries.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Well done to all the winners, with some cracking work across all categories!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Lverly stuff, congratulations all  :P
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Well done all.

Worthy winners.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Some deserved recognition there.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

magpiestear

Congratulations to all who took part and especially to those who won.
Casting votes was difficult as the quality of work presented was tremendous!  I very nearly didn't enter mine as saw the quality of the first entries.

Right time to start work on next years entries!

Once again well done to everyone.

andymac

congratulations to all those that entered there was some very fine entries.  A big congratulations to those that won.  :D

Andy Mac
Andy Macs Photobucket - http://s347.photobucket.com/home/Andymacs

Techno II

Superb entries ! :-bd

Well done, all....and congrats to the winners. =D> =D>

Cheers - Phil. :)

Westmarcher

Well done to all of the Prize Winners. Commiserations to the others.   =D>

Happy to see my favourites on the winning podiums. A lot of skill and artistry on display there and a great showcase for 10mm.   :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Jesus

Hello and congratulations
Is it possible to know the votes that each one has had? Thanks.
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

Matt J

Excellent stuff well done all  :-bd
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Count Belisarius

Congrats to all the winners. Some most excellent painting on display

Miniatureforrest

Thanks so much to everyone that voted for me in my first proper painting competition, really happy to have second place in the fantasy category 💪 ps. How do I claim my prize?
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Smithy

Well done to all who entered and voted. Congrats to the winners, all top drawer entries. Looking forward to next year's competition already
Stay safe out there all
Smithy

Leon

Quote from: Jesus on 08 March 2021, 04:56:55 PM
Is it possible to know the votes that each one has had? Thanks.

All of the voting is visible in the Voting threads: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/board,153.0.html so folks can see how many votes all of the entries got. 

Quote from: Miniatureforrest on 08 March 2021, 05:35:33 PM
How do I claim my prize?

We'll be contacting all of the winners/runners up to organise your prizes, no worries.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!