T-14 stats

Started by simmo, 05 March 2021, 08:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simmo

As the T-14 has supposedly been tested in Syria what do folks think its stats and that of the T=15 might be? Will it be in CWC 2?

sultanbev

As we don't have the CWC2 stats yet anyway, that's a bit problematic to work out by comparison.

As has been discussed before, CWC2 doesn't really work for post-1991 vehicles, as most of the top notch MBTs would be 8 hits at 2+ to save with 8D6/200 attacks or similar. Then you'd need rules for various APS systems as well. Within the breadth of stats available, they would lead to unbalanced or even boring gameplay.

Has anyone seen any evidence of T-14 being tested in Syria?

Big Insect

Core CWC II is likely to go up to 1st Gulf War.

There will then need to be supplements going forwards. As Sultanbey states the time range becomes too broad and we start to see new weaponry appearing that significantly change the shape of the game. Effectively trying to cover a period that encompasses Pattons at one end and Abrams at the other is hard enough  :)

I had looked at limiting CWC II to the end of the Cold War, with supplements there after, but there seems to be a demand for the core rules to run longer.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Mark be carful about how far up you go, we really only know about equipment up to 20 or so years ago. The military like to keep their kit secret. Remember the ability of $£^'s to inject viruses into ACRV software.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

simmo

I always leave the hits on so I guess this changes the game. War gamers have always wanted to game the present time. I guess there is a case to have three grades of kit advanced, contemporary and obsolete.