Relic Miniatures 28mm

Started by Big Insect, 25 February 2021, 08:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

25 February 2021, 08:56:25 AM Last Edit: 25 February 2021, 09:02:40 AM by Big Insect
At the start of the year I ordered some 28mm figures from Relic Miniatures in Vancouver, Canada: https://www.relicminiatures.com/shop/
They arrived yesterday and are very good.

I wanted their early Arab/Aramean camel archers for my Hatran army and they are a delight.
Just a shame that they don't do an early Arab/Aramean foot archers as well (although Footsore do the early Arab slingers - in their Caliphate range - that are very much the part and could be converted into javelin armed skirmishers at a pinch).

I also ordered the Relic armoured Successor elephant.
It is a resin elephant, which can be selected with one of two alternative heads and one of 2 alternative howdahs - which is great.
It is a really nice model - a clean cast - and appropriately sized (which is often a real issue with 28mm elephants especially armoured ones, which are often huge) and the sculp correctly shows the bronze lamella scales on the body armour facing upwards (sorry - that is a really 'anorak' thing that bugs me with figure sculptors - the scales are depicted as facing upwards on the Pergamon monument, so why sculpt them facing downwards!). You can choose from a number of different metal mahouts and also different crew packs. So I got a mixed pack of warriors armed with sarrisa, bow and javelins. A worthy addition to my Pergamese army.

No issues with UK HM Customs but then my order was relatively small.
I'd thoroughly recommend them
Cheers

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Orcs

OOOH! They are very nice. I do not need temptation like that.

Customs should now only be an issue over £135 if I understand  the brexit stuff correctly

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Big Insect

They are Aventine compatible as well.

Plus they do some of the later Successor cavalry helmeted HC (the ones that look like Franco-Prussian Prussian helms) that nobody else seems to do in 28mm.
I might have to put in an order for some of the Cataphracts though  :D

I just need to find a good manufacturer of the early Arab/Aramean foot bow (Essex are not right - too early) and also some early pre-islamic Arab cavalry riding side saddle, with the tiny bucker shield and a brace of broad bladed throwing spears. Nobody does those sadly  :(
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.