French Guard artillery released

Started by Leon, 20 February 2021, 05:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

20 February 2021, 05:47:55 PM Last Edit: 20 February 2021, 06:57:27 PM by Leon
We've got the final addition to our Napoleonic French Guard now with some extra artillery codes all ready to go.  The Guard foot get the 12pdrs and howitzers while the Guard horse (in campaign dress!) get the 4pdrs and howitzers.  This completes most of our plans for the French, I think the only request outstanding now is some later 1815 French infantry so we'll have a look and see what we can fit in later in the year / early 2022.  

This also clears the sculpting drawers and we can focus on the Peninsular project going forward.  The Brits should be with us imminently and then the Portuguese and Brunswickers will follow on quite quickly.  We'll keep everyone updated as we get things done and w

Also, this will be our last release before the big move!  We've got a lot of work ahead of us getting everything ready and moved over to the new place so we'll stockpile any new stuff for after we get settled in our new home. We also need to get the new website ready to launch so we'll be pulling all of the current products out of both Pendraken and Minibits sites and getting them prepped for upload into the new site.

Napoleonics
French - https://pendraken.co.uk/napoleonic/1809/french/
NPF57   12pdr with Guard foot crew (3)   £5.50
NPF58   7" Howitzer with Guard foot crew (3)    £5.50
NPF59   4pdr with Guard horse crew (campaign dress) (3)    £5.50
NPF60   7" Howitzer with Guard horse crew (campaign dress) (3)    £5.50

And some pics!

NPF57 - 12pdr with Guard foot crew

NPF58 - 7" Howitzer with Guard foot crew

NPF59 - 4pdr with Guard horse crew (campaign dress)

NPF60 - 7" Howitzer with Guard horse crew (campaign dress)

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jimduncanuk

Is it me or does that 12pdr look a bit small?
My Ego forbids a signature.

ronan

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 20 February 2021, 06:27:57 PM

It is known that the Guards were tall men
;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Possibly a bit but I think they were only about 6ft long?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Westmarcher

Perhaps the gun is not small and it's the men that are too big.  ;)

Seriously, I'm assuming it's the same 12 pounder in the French Line pack (the photograph for that pack was taken at a lower angle) so possibly the camera angle and slightly taller Guards headgear is giving a distorted impression? And, as alluded to above, there's the old issue that the figures bases make them look taller (gun is not on a base)?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

jimduncanuk

All a matter of perspective I suppose.
My Ego forbids a signature.

John Cook

It is really hard to tell from these pictures but I tend to agree.  The trail of the 12pdr was 303cm, or getting on for 10 feet in old money, which at 1:150 is 20.2mm.  The wheels of the 12pdr, and the 8pdr and howitzers, were 146cm which at 1:150 is 9.7cm, very nearly the same height as the crew, less headgear.  The 4pdr wheels were 135cm which at 1:150 is 9mm so they should come up to about the shoulders of the crew figures.   Under-scale artillery is common with many manufacturers, it is as if they can't believe how big the guns really were.

Jesus

2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

Leon

Just to follow up on the measurements, the 12pdr trail is 19mm long so only 1mm short.  The wheels are 9.5mm tall and the barrel is 14mm long, so actually about 1mm too big!