Early Pictish Fort - Aberdeen University video

Started by Westmarcher, 18 February 2021, 12:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGLFr8cXb6Q

I find this kind of stuff fascinating - another example of archaeology hidden under our noses and in danger of being lost forever. To think that Roman warships, etc. (and supply ships when on campaign) would have known about this. Pendraken sell a nice wee range of Picts , of course, with some Dark Age buildings by Epsilon. Battlescale also springs to mind. Don't know who sells palisades - could probably scratch build, I expect.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sean66

There was a post on FB about building palisades from
cocktail sticks.
regards
Sean

jimduncanuk

Quote from: sean66 on 18 February 2021, 01:37:09 PM

There was a post on FB about building palisades from
cocktail sticks.

Invisible to many people then.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Big Insect

Irregular Miniatures does a very fine range of palisade - assuming you want metal ones  :D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

sean66

i modified the post on FB for my 10mm figures.
use 6 40mm frontage bases and place them in a I_I_I formation 9 glued down helps keep them straight)
once glue dry take a pack of cocktail sticks and cut them. for the larger ones I cut just one tip off. for the shorter ones i cut the tip and a bit extra off (this gives the crenellation effect, if you wanting a flat top cut all same size)
I then took three of the shorter ones then four larger ones do this till the gap is full (on a 40mm frontage it takes 3/4/3/4/3) I then took another cocktail stick and cut a 40mm piece.
If you put crenellations into it measure the head of a 10mm figure above the smaller crenellation (gap) then where his feet are  (if he on base even better) also add another base
for the part for him to stand on. then glue the 40mm strip across the cocktail sticks.
when this is dry you have your palisade.
Regards
Sean