Assigning casualties to multiple occupants of bunkers

Started by holdfast, 11 February 2021, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holdfast

In my Juno Beach game some bunkers have a garrison of two units, typically an infantry squad and a machine gun. When the bunkers are hit by fire and hits are inflicted and are not saved, how are the hits shared out? if say 4 unsaved hits are taken, does the infantry take 2 hits and the MG takes 2 hits? Or does each of the occupants take 4 hits each? Or can the player owner decide whether to assign hits between the two sets of occupants? Or just do it randomly?
Or have I missed something?

Big Insect

Typically you would allocate the casualties against each occupant equally - e.g. 2 units and 4 hits - the hits are allocated 2 to each unit etc.
Any spare/odd hits you then dice for - allocating a set of numbers to each occupant (e.g. unit one 1-3 unit two 4-6) and roll a d:6 to see where the hit lands.
Hope that makes sense.

It is inappropriate for the attacker to allocate hits as they are just targeting the bunker. Equally it is inappropriate for the defender to allocate hits as they might favor one or other of the units to take more or less hits.

Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

holdfast

Super thank you, that was more or less my thinking but it is excellent to have such a clear answer and nice and quickly as well.