AWI Southern Virginia March 1781

Started by paulr, 07 February 2021, 10:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammurabi70

Quote from: pierre the shy on 07 February 2021, 11:18:09 PM

All Paul's AWI stuff is Pendraken 10mm...the rules are Volley and Bayonet wing scale..each stand is around 250 - 300 men or 60 - 100 cavalry. They give a very fast moving and enjoyable game with a usually decisive result.

V&B! Nice rules; not played them in a long time.

Quote from: John Cook on 08 February 2021, 01:05:23 PM
Thanks.  Simple as that.  I was expecting something more complex than Word.

I am doing something similar on my 2mm bases.  I have also done labels using WORD and give clarity to the commander as to what a troop base is, although I use pale green rather than dark green.  My bases are 40mm x 20mm and the labels are 6mm high.  I find 14mm a bit limiting if you want something deeper than a single block.

Ray Rivers

Wow!

Very impressive game, miniatures and board!  :-bd

Ace of Spades

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Quote from: pierre the shy on 07 February 2021, 11:18:09 PM
I was playing the Americans....we should have put the slower but tougher French in the middle...but hindsight is a fine thing  ;)

One day Mr Arnold's luck will run out   ;)

Enjoyed seeing the photos of the game and, as always, am impressed with your figures and basing. Perhaps the French placement had something to do with  the politics of the alliance, letting the junior partner have the higher positions of honor and responsibility?  :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

d_Guy

Quote from: FierceKitty on 08 February 2021, 07:28:04 AM
Good to see Arnold successful. Loyalty wins out over treachery!

:-\

He was exceedingly well compensated for his "loyalty" and likely a war criminal in the bargain.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on