1 oktober 1944, Boxtel, Netherlands, behind enemy lines

Started by Roel, 05 February 2021, 07:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Never had a problem with them mate, nearly 25 years of using them.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno II

Well...It's probably over 30 years since I've used them, Will.

I expect they've changed the formula since then.

Oh for the days when Rotring inks were still available.....
Those really were the dog's doo-dahs  ;)

Cheers - Phil  :)

Leman

For a bit of late war Netherlands action I have found a book entitled De Canadezen hun opmars door Europa tot Pocket Delfzijl by Hans Beukema. Very pertinent to my part of the world.

Andy
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

OldenBUA

If you get the chance, there is a guy called Joel Stoppels doing battlefield tours, including Delfzijl.

https://www.battlefieldtours.nu/package/the-battle-delfzijl/?lang=en
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Roel

Several well written books with many pictures and maps about Netherlands during the liberation. Won't go into the Arnhem books but will mention one... two actually: Market Garden Then and Now.
Others Autumn Gale and Kampfgruppe Walther.
But in this case I am using the figures for a game concerning the book Kampina Airbornes. It's about a group of 100 Brit and US airbornes behind enemy lines and how they survived 6 weeks long.

Joel Stoppels is well known 8) But I do my own BF tours (Arnhem, Varsity, Hürtgen and Kampina).

sultanbev

Just recently got Autumn Gale, which is a fabulous book, and awaiting KG Walther to be reprinted.

Ace of Spades

Nice figures Roel!
I also use the Agrax Earthshade wash and a spray can of Vallejo matt varnish afterwards. Works very well!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

They used to do a whole range of colours, Nobby.

Unless they're started them up again, all I've been able to find for years are black, blue, red & green.
The ones I used to really like were called 'Artist colour inks'.....They seem to only do 'technical' inks now.

Thanks for looking, chum.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil. :)