1 oktober 1944, Boxtel, Netherlands, behind enemy lines

Started by Roel, 05 February 2021, 07:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roel

I've been looking through a lot of painted figures here. Really marvellously done. I'm not the world best paiinter but would still like to share some pictures.

The figures of the 82nd and 101st AB will be used for a game in development. Have to find my British 1st Airborne Division figures. Will post these later.

Steve J

Well from what I can see Roel, they look great, including the arm flags! Hats off for being able to paint those. Hopefully someone will be able to re-size the images to make them easier to view.

Roel

Leon

Very nice!  I was about to resize the images but you beat me to it!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Very impressive flags, enough detail to give the right impression but not too much
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Noktu

Hey Roel!

Those look great! Have you tried to throw a wash there to create more depth? The wash would also dull down the gun metal.

Roel

Quote from: Noktu on 06 February 2021, 06:23:06 AM
Hey Roel!

Those look great! Have you tried to throw a wash there to create more depth? The wash would also dull down the gun metal.

Yes I would like to give that a try. What would you recommend? I have quickshade somewhere.

Noktu

Quote from: Roel on 06 February 2021, 06:53:21 AM
Yes I would like to give that a try. What would you recommend? I have quickshade somewhere.

Whenever I get the base paints splotched on the miniature I apply a throughout Army Painted - Soft Tone wash.

Also after the wash, you might want to bring some colour back and highlight some parts, skin and jackets especially to make the character pop up again.

Steve J

I use GW Agrax Earthshade wash, either neat or diluted to about 50%, depending upon the colour it is going over. It gives nice depth to the figures and ties the colours together. When dry I add the odd highlight here and there to make the colours pop a bit more.

Noktu

Quote from: Steve J on 06 February 2021, 08:48:30 AM
I use GW Agrax Earthshade wash, either neat or diluted to about 50%, depending upon the colour it is going over. It gives nice depth to the figures and ties the colours together. When dry I add the odd highlight here and there to make the colours pop a bit more.

I've found agrax earthshade especially useful while painting the base. Leather brown base, drybrush beige, agrax earthshade, again highlight with beige.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roel

Quote from: Noktu on 06 February 2021, 08:05:19 AM

Also after the wash, you might want to bring some colour back and highlight some parts, skin and jackets especially to make the character pop up again.

Do you use a matt varnish after that?

Noktu

Quote from: Roel on 06 February 2021, 03:14:08 PM
Do you use a matt varnish after that?

Aye, after having model ready I apply a Vallejo Matt Varnish by brush. The varnish really ties the colours together.

Techno II

Quote from: mad lemmey on 06 February 2021, 02:18:22 PM
Windsor & Newton sepia ink for me...

Have they at last made that so it doesn't colour shift in sunlight, Will ?
The old Windsor and Newton were very useful.....BUT they had the tendency to change fairly drastically.

(Says someone who's painted about a dozen figures since he left the evil empire.)

Cheers - Phil :)