Internet Volume 1

Started by Dave Fielder, 04 February 2021, 10:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Fielder

I've been reading the Internet now for a few years but I'm struggling with the plot. It seems to change every time I open it up again. And that sub-plot about clicky bait just doesn't make sense. Has anyone else got a copy?
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Ithoriel

It's like the Phone Book, if you remember those.

Great cast of characters but very poorly plotted. :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

I think its like one of those Fantasy adventure novels.  Where you read a paragraph and re given a number of choices and then it says go to page 145 paragraph 3 . where you see what the result of your choice is and make another decision.

You start off by reading a news article about say Captain Tom, then go onto 14th army in Burma. Then you look at the Armour in the far east , Then onto the Japanese army, then Hiroshima, and suddenly your buying a new Mazda.   ;D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

There is no plot, rather like the tv series 'Lost' some 15 - 20 years ago ;) ;D.

Elliesdad

One of the guys I work with has it (the internet).
I did offer to give him a floppy disk so he can make a copy. Thinking about it, I haven't heard from him since...  

Cheers,

Geoff

FierceKitty

Quote from: Steve J on 05 February 2021, 08:05:44 AM
There is no plot, rather like the tv series 'Lost' some 15 - 20 years ago ;) ;D.
We tried that recently. I ran screaming after a season, upon realising that Delenn wasn't really in the show. Lee's been braver, but I suspect she'll cry "enough!" in a cute Siamese accent before much longer.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno II

I tried printing it off......But I'm getting through an awful lot of paper.

I haven't even got close to printing all of 'A' out, yet.

Cheers - Phil

Raider4

Keep going. Things start to start making sense towards the end og Volume III.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Na - you need to get to at least XXII
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

Techno II

Like it !!  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil. :)

Dave Fielder

Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Tried to Zip, the discs for "A" filled an ISO box
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

I've just got through 'Aardvark'......over six million results.....I think I'll give up now.

Cheers - Phil ;)