British Riflemen 1811

Started by Dragoon, 04 February 2021, 09:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Peninsula Riflemen 1811 would be better in packs with 2 officers 2 bugles and 5 or better 6 sergeants because the rifles were deployed in companies
Even better sell command separate the same as the line infantry or even half packs photo below

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/14/20/3814201fd26dbd50858c44fe2218b5e3.jpg

6 pounders were far more common in the peninsula

A Fusilier Battalion could be made from a light battalion with the exception of a drummer instead of a bugler ad a pike for the sergeant.

Regards

Mike L

fsn

One of the things I have to work around with Pendraken is the light infantry being in packs of 15 or 15 and skirmishing. 

I work on fairly large battalions so would love to see light infantry treated the same way as line.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sultanbev

I tend to buy battalions at a time, so riflemen and light infantry in full packs of figugres is fine with me.
Smaller packs are fine, but I wouldn't want to end up with too many command figures.

It's been that long since the kickstarter I've forgotten how they are going to be sold now. Think I ordered enough for my 1812 Salamanca Brits....

John Cook

I understand your point concerning rifles.  My armies are based on a ratio of 10:1 and as rifle companies, at Talavera anyway, were roughly 50-60 men I'd prefer a ration of one officer to every five other ranks but I imagine production issue determine packaging, though I'm only guessing.  The answer to this is, when the time comes, to ask Leon to bespoke pack your rifle requirements.