Old 10mm Macedonian Phalanx - looking for pictures

Started by Szary, 02 February 2021, 12:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Szary

Hi! Nice to join you all here!

I currently have in progress a small scope ancient project for an Osprey Wargame Men of Bronze. I have had it on a back burner for a year or two. Still, of late I'm making plenty of progress on my Greeks and Persians and considering going for the final prize for any Ancients project - a Macedonian Successor army.

Does anyone have pictures that display poses of old Macedon Pikemen, ones with emplacements for the wire? I'm mainly interested in the "pike upright" pose, so I would like to know what poses are there in the first place.

Also, does anyone have Indian Chariot horses and new Persian chariot? I would like to recreate the Darius's chariot from the Pompei mosaic, but I would need unarmoured horses. Indian ones I saw on some blog looked great, but I am afraid how well they scale along with each other.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mmcv

Welcome!

I took these ones a couple of years back, might be of use to you:

Sorry quality isn't great. Might be others have painted ones that better show the pose.

Steve J

Orcs

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry I cant help with the pike.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson