Pendraken WHFB Empire?

Started by Bloodaxe, 01 February 2021, 07:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodaxe

https://m.facebook.com/groups/KingdomsofMenKoW/permalink/1323169057836017/

After seeing that post I'm thinking of trying some 10mm Empire.
League of Augsburg. Renaissance line.

Any suggestions for other Pensraken figs that would fit?

I'm going to keep looking thru the pics.

Thanks.

fred.

I can't access the FB link, so I'm not sure what look you are going for.

The LoA range is a lot later than is normally used to represent GW Empire - but it certainly could be used I guess.

I'd have a look at Elizabethan and Landskeckt ranges as starting points. Perhaps dipping into Late Medieval and 16th Cent English & Scots. The YW3 cavalry figure from the 30 Years War would make a good Pistolieer
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: fred. on 01 February 2021, 08:00:12 PM
I can't access the FB link, so I'm not sure what look you are going for.

The LoA range is a lot later than is normally used to represent GW Empire - but it certainly could be used I guess.

I'd have a look at Elizabethan and Landskeckt ranges as starting points. Perhaps dipping into Late Medieval and 16th Cent English & Scots. The YW3 cavalry figure from the 30 Years War would make a good Pistolieer

Yes I'd agree that the Elizabethan range would be the logical starting point for Empire with other bits coming from other ranges, ELM37 armed monks would be handy for Flagellants. The TB Line medievals would work as Brettonians and the Eastern European with the Renaissance Polish would work for Kislev. The TB Line Islamics with other bits would work for Araby

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Bloodaxe on 01 February 2021, 07:45:37 PM

Any suggestions for other Pensraken figs that would fit?

I used Kallistra Teutonic Knights as Empire Knights with a bit of modification. Let me know and I'll show you pictures.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Raider4

02 February 2021, 08:12:20 AM #4 Last Edit: 02 February 2021, 08:40:44 AM by Raider4
Quote from: fred. on 01 February 2021, 08:00:12 PM
The YW3 cavalry figure from the 30 Years War would make a good Pistolieer

Great minds think alike. Exactly what I've used them for! Although they are a bit bigger than the figures I've used for the knights, which was disconcerting at first.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Look at the Polish Rennaissance stuf as well
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

Onr thing has always puzzled me about fantasy. If it is indeed fantasy then any figure can represent anything you want it to be. There are no parameters.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leman on 02 February 2021, 02:14:49 PM
Onr thing has always puzzled me about fantasy. If it is indeed fantasy then any figure can represent anything you want it to be. There are no parameters.

Fantasy worlds have their own parameters, just as the real world does. It's just that those parameters are different. Fantasy worlds may be without limits but they are not without structure.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Bloodaxe

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 01 February 2021, 11:40:26 PM
I used Kallistra Teutonic Knights as Empire Knights with a bit of modification. Let me know and I'll show you pictures.

Yes please!

Bloodaxe

Thank you for all the suggestions. Im going to take a look.

jimduncanuk

An easy cost effective transformation.

http://jim-duncan.blogspot.com/2015/08/ersatz-empire-knights.html

On the Kallistra knights clip off the bits you don't want, drill a hole where you want feathers, insert piece of wire, cover and shape in Milliput, paint to taste.

toxicpixie

The LoA Austrian curraissiers in barred helmet would make great pistoliers (from memory).

I was actually going to do something similar with them to morph my Italian Wars into a not-Empire army but they got eaten by a sudden and now rather deep foray into the LoA proper!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

fsn

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 03 February 2021, 11:05:06 AM
On the Kallistra knights clip off the bits you don't want, drill a hole where you want feathers, insert piece of wire, cover and shape in Milliput, paint to taste.
Oooh nasty!

How did you do the shields? Very small brush?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jimduncanuk

Quote from: fsn link=topic=20509.msg318993#msg318993 date=1612371150

How did you do the shields? Very small brush?

/quote]

Probably just a number 3.