Hello Everyone

Started by Chalace, 01 February 2021, 01:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chalace

Greetings everyone,

After a 15 year hiatus from wargaming (outside of a few visits to shows), I got the itch again.
Unfortunately, shortly before all the shows got canceled...

Over the years I gravitated from my early years of Warhammer to a decent collection of 10mm ancients & fantasy (mostly Pendraken) with some 15mm thrown in for good measure.
So this seemed like a good place to poke my head in.

As I was never a great painter, I inevitably ended up with a mountain of dissatisfactory half-painted led.
However, over the last few months, I've been working my way through a pre-made Sassanid Persian army I picked up at one of the shows, at a guess, 10 or 15 years ago!
And I have to say, I'm having a blast.

So, thanks to everyone, orders already in to fill some gaps ('Cough' Still no Sassanid Elephants or Cataphracts 'Cough''), and I'm genuinely excited to finish painting my first army, ever!

Cheers,

FierceKitty

Persians are a good start, however unsatisfactory your panting. They hit hard and look smart. Welcome to the forum.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hello and welcome.
Look forwards to seeing them.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

A very warm welcome, Chalace !

Cheers - Phil.. :)

mmcv

paulr

Welcome Chalace  :-h

Looking forward to seeing your progress :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Welcome on board Chalace :).

fsn

Wotcha! 

Please post pictures of your half-painted lead. People usually come on this forum and say "oh I'm not very good" and then post pictures which look like an angel has guided their brush.

I have no angel.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Hi Chalace, welcome to the Forum!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Smithy

Welcome Chalace
Like me and I suspect many others, late returning to the hobby in lockdown. It's certainly helped keep me sane (though also frustrated with my painting ability at times!!!!!)
Look forward to seeing your painted minis

steve_holmes_11

Welcome to the forum.
Look forward to seeing any of your painting.

Westmarcher

I don't mean any malice, but are you the Chalace from the palace?  (welcome, btw  :) )
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

T13A

Hi and welcome!

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Orcs

Welcome to the forum.

Nicely painted figures are great,if you can paint well, but they are basically playing pieces. You are painting playing pieces  So If your painting is not up to Michelangelo's standard then don't worry about it. Do the best you can / what your happy with.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson