2021 competition work-in-progress

Started by Aksu, 30 January 2021, 11:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aksu

Hullo, started work on my Azetcs. So far I've selected the 32 figures I'm going to use for my 4-base unit, cleaned and mounted them on wooden sticks for priming. I'm going for a fairly "officer heavy" selection of figures to get more colour, only about a fifth of the figures are inexperienced warriors. I've divided the figures onto painting sticks based on the main uniform colour. I'll prime them in grey with an airbrush next. Also popped down to a local hobby store to stock up on brown and grey ballast/flock material for eventual basing.
Cheers,
Aksu

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Looking forward to seeing progress on these :).

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno II

Quote from: Steve J on 30 January 2021, 04:18:13 PM
Looking forward to seeing progress on these :).

Same here !!

Cheers - Phil  :)

Aksu

Second day of work. Basic colours blocked in. I'll let them rest overnight and do washes next. Then the shields and shield feathers, and back banner details.
Cheers,
Aksu

mmcv

Very nice, you did a much better job of affixing the back banners than I did by the look of it.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

Aksu

Four sessions in and I've finally moved to painting details, especially the shields. Why Oh Why Oh Why did I choose to paint 10mm Aztecs!  :'(
I remember how I hated painting some of the patterns in 15 mm and now I am supposedly relaxing painting the shields in half the size.
Anyway, soon it's time to get to more fun parts when I get to base the figs :)
Cheers,
Aksu

Techno II

Steve J

Very nice and certainly colourful, which is cool 8).

mmcv

Lovely stuff. I actually quite enjoyed painting the shields, though they were very very fiddly so some patterns were frustrating. I've a unit of Greek hopites painted up and ready for the shield designs to be painted on. I may be singing a different tune after that...