Siege guns

Started by Wkeyser, 29 January 2021, 09:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wkeyser

HI I am playing around with the new rules Vaubans Wars, Siege Warfare 1667-1815 a fantatic new set of rules that captues the unique flavor of this type of warfare. They are from the Piqeut range but you can use your own tactical set for the assault and raid portions of the rules, I use Capatin General.

I was going thru your SYW listings and I see fortress guns but no large calaber siege gusns 18 pounds and over, or Morgers in the 30lb to 60lb range. i would love to see those added to your range.

Thanks

paulr

Would either of these be of use, with more appropriate crews of course:

ACW60 Siege mortar with crew (3)
MUB18 24pdr siege guns with crew (2)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

It is from the Indian Mutiny range (British - also appears as MUT18 in the Mutineers range).  You can ask Leon to substitute a crew of your choice if you contact him.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

John Cook

EC23 from the ECW range might fit the bill for a mortar.  MUB18 has a block trail, I think, so won't work for 17th/18th century.

Wkeyser

Thanks guys

Not sure the seige gun would work but the Mortar might just work. But still need seige guns.

William

Risaldar Singh

Maybe I shouldn't say this but my heavier siege guns and mortars are in fact repurposed 15mm artillery pieces with Pendraken crews.

Westmarcher

Good solution and quite convincing. I've often wondered if that could be a viable alternative. Pick the right 15mm gun and it should work. What is the origin of yours?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

FierceKitty

Very successful. I use 6mm pieces as little battalion guns.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

steve_holmes_11

Jolly clever.
I'm reminded of Irregular's "Really useful gun" range that hover somewhere between 15mm and 20mm in size.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

It certainly looks the part
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Risaldar Singh

Quote from: Westmarcher on 03 February 2021, 09:56:23 PM
Good solution and quite convincing. I've often wondered if that could be a viable alternative. Pick the right 15mm gun and it should work. What is the origin of yours?
It's a Hallmark (now Magister Militum) gun bought ages ago. I'm pretty sure it's AE2 6 Pdr Field Guns (Saker) because I recently tried to buy more and got the 12-18 Pdr Field Gun by mistake. That one is huge and really too big but it might just pass as a 33 pdr for the Dutch and League of Augsburg wars.

Dragoon

A friend of mine used a 25mm Renaissance gun as a siege gun for a 15mm Spanish guerilla attack on a French held city fortress and a 15mm  captain Hornblower.
Regards

Mike L

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!