Starstones VSF Campaign Chapter One

Started by sunjester, 27 January 2021, 10:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

We got to play the first game in my new Starstones VSF campaign. Once again my ARSS team have been joined by a team from the Home Office, Lord Farquhar Bufton-Tufton with is wife Lady Amelia and faithful servant Singh. A full write up of the bloodbath is on the blog https://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2021/01/starstones-campaign-chapter-one.html

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mmcv

fsn

Hang on!

Quote from: sunjester on 27 January 2021, 10:12:15 AM
Lord Farquhar Bufton-Tufton with is wife Lady Amelia and faithful servant Singh.

I take it Singh is the chap in the turban. Is milord the one with the suitcases and Lady Amelia the one with the sword and the goatee ... or the other way around?  :P

Lovely paintjob. I bet that steam powered butler was fun to paint.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sunjester

Quote from: fsn on 27 January 2021, 12:02:48 PM
Hang on!

I take it Singh is the chap in the turban. Is milord the one with the suitcases and Lady Amelia the one with the sword and the goatee ... or the other way around?  :P

Lovely paintjob. I bet that steam powered butler was fun to paint.

Pay attention at the back!
The image you are referring to is one of the dastardly Ottoman agents, Kartal Nuri Pasha, Professor Erman Gukay with his steam butler and a Dervish Assassin bodyguard (the chappie in blue), making their escape whilst our brave servants of the Empire are in a spot of bother.

fsn

27 January 2021, 04:38:58 PM #5 Last Edit: 27 January 2021, 04:57:53 PM by fsn
Ah right.

My mistake.

So why is Dr Who there?

I'm not naturally this stupid. I have to work at it.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

Nice one, Graham !  :-bd

Though, like you say, it could have gone better.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Last Hussar

Was it  :o ! Possibly we need separate HtoH and Shooting stats for the soldiers

QuoteIan has decided that Singh will be an immortal character in this campaign. If he is killed, rather than create a new character, he will re-introduce Singh with his original stats. By some mysterious means he will always elude death at the last moment !

When "Singh" died the first time, I wondered what I was going to do, as he was a character concept I've had for about 27 years, and never got to use.  When Sj said replacement characters start with the same build points as the dead character started with I liked the idea that he somehow always got away. Its the same idea Spielberg had with Indiana Jones - a shout out to those 30's serials where Certain Death was shot from a different angle for the opening of next weeks episode, showing the hero hanging from a branch that definitely wasn't there in last weeks train crash. Its all explained by his 'street urchin' background (think Artful Dodger).
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry