Started by Leon, 26 January 2021, 09:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Contracts all signed today and deposit paid!  Just waiting on the final confirmation from the solicitors that all of the contracts and monies have been exchanged, and then we should have the keys on Friday afternoon. 

A good job as well as I've got the electrician booked for Saturday, timber and metal all arrives Monday morning, security guy comes Monday pm, worktops and packaging room kit on Tuesday, electrician back on Wednesday, staircase is being delivered next Thursday, sparky back again on the following Tuesday, carpets being fitted on the Wednesday.  Then we start on all of the equipment, moulds and kit in Week 3...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

toxicpixie

Hurrah! Sounds like you're well planned on that :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: paulr on 26 March 2021, 04:29:10 AM
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

carpets :o Luxury ;)

When I were a lad we only had caltrops....

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 26 March 2021, 08:29:43 AM

Caltrops - you were lucky - we had flaming pits  :'(
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 26 March 2021, 08:29:43 AM

Quote from: ianrs54 on 26 March 2021, 08:37:24 AM
Caltrops - you were lucky - we had flaming pits  :'(

Caltrops, Flaming Pits,  Luxuryy, When I were a lad we had to walk over the caltrops and flaming pits , fight off hordes or rats just to get to our swampy quicksand floor.  :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Orcs on 26 March 2021, 02:31:00 PM
Caltrops, Flaming Pits,  Luxuryy, When I were a lad we had to walk over the caltrops and flaming pits , fight off hordes or rats just to get to our swampy quicksand floor.  :)

Right:
We used to 'ave to get up at 3 in the morning.
Get shot by a churchill crocodile.
Then sweep the minefield with our bare feet.

Ithoriel

Course, you tell kids that these days and they don't believe you! ;)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

26 March 2021, 10:01:17 PM #130 Last Edit: 26 March 2021, 10:20:25 PM by Leon
At the very last possible moment we have completed!  I've spent most of today making phone calls and sending texts, then hitting 'Refresh' on the emails to see if there's any updates.  At 4pm they told us that we weren't going to complete today and it would have to be Monday, triggering a mad panic as we've got deliveries and tradesmen booked in for Saturday.  At 4:30pm they said that there was a small chance and could we drive to the estate agents office just in case.  And then at 5pm we got the call, the money had finally gone through, the contracts were exchanged and it was all ours!  The estate agents were almost closed for the day but we got the keys and headed off to Pendraken's new home!

I don't think I've ever had a day as stressful as today, but it's all worth it now.  There's a ton of work to be done but it's going to be exciting work.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Thats great, I would say "go and put your feet up" but not much chance of that for a couple of weeks.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Westmarcher

Brill! Onwards and upwards!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

goat major

My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

paulr

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Someone is incredibly organised with all those lists :-bd :-bd :-bd

Onward and upwards :!! :!! :!!
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!