Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
25 February 2021, 01:19:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Peninsular Napoleonic project is complete, updates coming soon!
318046 Posts in 18366 Topics by 2301 Members
Latest Member: Coenus Scaldingus
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Wider Wargaming
| |-+  Painting & Modelling (Moderator: nikharwood)
| | |-+  WW2 German cammo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WW2 German cammo  (Read 149 times)
madaxeman
Second Lieutenant

« on: 28 January 2021, 11:13:57 AM »

I've had some fairly positive results recently with a non-airbrushed WW2 German cammo scheme - something that has frightened me for years before finally getting bold enough to try and work out how to do it properly.

The vehicle paint scheme starts with a base spray coat of PSC Dunkelgelb patched up with Vallejo Middle Stone from the WW2 German Tank set, which is an almost indistinguishably close match.

I then did the stripes as a two-layer paint job, starting with a broader stripe using a 50/50 mix of Middle Stone/Refractive Green for the green and Middlestone/Chocolate Brown (both in the Vallejo 6-bottne German WW2 AFV set) followed by a narrower central stripe of the sdame colour but using just the Green/Brown paint as-is.

They still look a bit odd at that point, but once they are finished with a fairly robust all-over drybrush of Middle Stone it seems to tone the 2-tone stripe painting down a lot and blends the colours in quite nicely. 

Tracks are German Track Primer from Vallejo, and I inked the wheels with Military Shader from Army Painter (although I think any brown-ish wash would do just as well)

This is a Pendraken StuG - I suspect from before the remodelling of the range - with some extra tank riders and a replaced barrel (as I lost the original stubby one when I was stripping the old paint from it!)

The cammo scheme is clearer on these Hanomags

Not as scary to do as I feared - although I do still have quite a few more to do!

More pics at : https://madaxemandotcom.blogspot.com/2021/01/10mm-ww2-refurbishment-project-begins.html

Techno II
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2021, 12:30:36 PM »

Looks damn fine, to me !  Thumbs up

Cheers - Phil. Smiley

I really shouldn't press buttons...before I know what will happen.
Probably STILL he most picked on member of the forum since the year dot.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: