Casualties - Dark Ages

Started by mollinary, 17 January 2021, 01:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

That sounds VERY similar to Instant Mold, Mark.

Cheers - Phil. :)

fred.

How did I forget Instant Mold as a name  :-X

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

sultanbev

At Lurkio we sell packs of 15mm separate shields, they seem quite popular, so there may be mileage in 10mm shield packs.

Mark

mollinary

25 January 2021, 03:04:37 PM #18 Last Edit: 25 January 2021, 03:12:07 PM by Leon
Now, if the Dark  Lord can find sufficient space on his Flickr account, this post may soon boast a pic of my first attempt at converting the Late Imperial Roman casualties into Normans and Saxons with a bit of plastic card for the shields. Now they don't exactly provide the Normans with their famous mail battleshorts, but is the effect good enough?  Answers on a postcard please! Many thanks to Leon for his efforts in advance.

'M'
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 25 January 2021, 03:04:37 PM
Many thanks to Leon for his efforts in advance.

The image wasn't that large luckily so I've just added it as an attachment for you.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

Quote from: Leon on 25 January 2021, 03:12:38 PM
The image wasn't that large luckily so I've just added it as an attachment for you.

Thanks, Leon. Odd, my machine said it was 594kb.

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 25 January 2021, 03:58:11 PM
Thanks, Leon. Odd, my machine said it was 594kb.

I shrunk it down a touch in Photoshop just to get it under the limit.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

They work. The shields are the main focal point, so having added those makes them look like later era figures
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Matt J

Really effective, I will definitely steal that idea!
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Techno II

Quote from: mollinary on 18 January 2021, 08:43:33 AM
Yes, please, Phil!

I have asked, M.....Leon's up for some more casualties.

I'm going to make one or two 'dollys'...then I can use those to make lots of different figures....If I make a dolly, then hopefully they'll keep a consistent size.

Cheers - Phil :)

mollinary

Quote from: Techno II on 26 January 2021, 04:44:58 PM
I have asked, M.....Leon's up for some more casualties.

I'm going to make one or two 'dollys'...then I can use those to make lots of different figures....If I make a dolly, then hopefully they'll keep a consistent size.

Good news!  I think casualties have a place in just about all ranges, as they are so useful as markers, and as parts of display pieces. Have I jumped the gun by doing my own dark age ones?  Can you reveal what ranges Leon is thinking of adding casualties to?   Curious, isn't it.... I think casualties are the figures I have commissioned most often!

Techno II

I'm guessing that Leon will have to work out a list of 'wants', M. :-\

Leon

I think it makes sense to have them for most ranges going forward, so we'll probably start with the Ancients ranges that Techno has done; Greek, Persian, Roman, Gaul, Rep. Roman, Carthaginian, Spanish, Dacian. 

mollinary

Quote from: Leon on 27 January 2021, 08:58:14 AM
I think it makes sense to have them for most ranges going forward, so we'll probably start with the Ancients ranges that Techno has done; Greek, Persian, Roman, Gaul, Rep. Roman, Carthaginian, Spanish, Dacian. 

Makes sense, Leon. I'll bash on with my Dark Age conversions, secure in the knowledge my suggestion has contributed to the benefit of the community overall!  :D :D