Italy,Piedmont and the War of Spanish Succession 1701-1712

Started by Chad, 13 January 2021, 04:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

toxicpixie

Well that's unhelpful, I'd have asked for that for Xmas :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Chad

Received my copy today. After a quick look through it today it is a general history. There are sections on a few battles with inserts of original maps but no OOB information that I could see. There are some colour plates of Piedmont uniforms and flags.

sunjester

Quote from: Chad on 13 January 2021, 09:18:55 PM
Received my copy today. After a quick look through it today it is a general history. There are sections on a few battles with inserts of original maps but no OOB information that I could see. There are some colour plates of Piedmont uniforms and flags.
I'll probably pass on that then, a shame.

toxicpixie

Mmm, makes it less tempting but is it a *decent* potted history?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Glorfindel

I was considering buying this next month but must admit that the lack of Orbats & details/history
of individual Regiments is putting me off.   I don't want to buy another book that includes a lot of
general information (potted history, how armies were raised, what they ate, how they were paid
etc).   I'm sure others will disagree (each to their own).

As a general rule, I enjoy the Helion 'Century of the Soldier' series but now tend to focus on specific
authors (eg. Bruno Mugnai) and am looking forward to his next two instalments in the series 'Wars
and Soldiers in the Early Reign of Louis XIV'.

Phil

Chad