Looking for Wargaming Mat (mousepad style) in 10mm scale

Started by MAgamer, 11 January 2021, 12:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAgamer

Hey folks! Happy 2021

Has anyone bought a printed mousepad style wargaming Mat which has been in the correct scale for 10mm land warfare? I have been looking for a Northern Europe, grasslands/muddy field WITHOUT pre - marked roads for my 10mm Napoleonic s and I'm struggling to find anything. If you have a grass mat in 28mm scale is it noticeable or jarring? I'm aware any small rocks pictured are suddenly large boulders when next to 10mm or am I being too pedantic about such trifles?

Any advice or solutions would be great!

All the best for the new year
MA

Ithoriel

I use mats intended for 28mm games with my 6mm Early Bronze Age stuff and don't really find it jarring at all. As you say, small rocks become large rocks but it all becomes barely noticed wallpaper once you are focussed on the figures (and terrain) placed upon it.

All depends on your level of CDO* I guess. What irks me may seem unimportant to you and vice versa.

Mike

*CDO ... it's like OCD but the letters are in the right order" :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fred.

I've got 3 from Deep Cut Studios - only one of them I would say the print is scaled to 28mm, this is a urban ruins style one.

The other 2 the rocky areas are pretty scale independent, and as Mike says once you are playing it becomes pretty unnoticeable.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I have a green felt type one, and add the terrain. I also once had 8x6 worth of carpet tiles, but I suspect thatb thev line dancers and other low-lifes who use the wings club have removed over 1/2 of them.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

We've got a Deep Cut one which looks great, it's in this shot although a bit hard to see:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

I have recently had excellent service from Tiny wargames. 

I use thier standard mat for all my gaming using 10mm- 28mm figures. I understand what you say about the rocks though. You can order the grass mat without rocks  from Tiny Wargames if you do not like the rocks.

After that its as Ithoriel says you tend not to notice things with a standard grass mat.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

John Cook

I use Tiny's standard mats and have never noticed an incongruity using 10mm.  They do offer a bespoke service, which I've not used, but perhaps they could reduce their standard mat to half scale.  Ask them, they can only say 'no'.