Pendraken Plans for 2021!

Started by Leon, 10 January 2021, 04:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

I'll give Picard a pass. Was nice to see some of the old gang back, but they seemed to run out of ideas and had a very silly end.

STD is awful, mostly because I cannot take to Michael Burnham, and I hate that they turned Spock into a grinning codpiece, and that they inserted Burham into Sarek's family.  Oh, and what on Klingon did they do to the Klingons?

I'm more hopeful for the Pike/No1 spinoff that is promised.   

I will agree that Micelle Yeoh is always watchable.   
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Michelle Yeoh was definitely chewing the set and loving it.
I thought the whole of Discovery was great, but did think the ending was a bit meh!
Not done Picard yet. Won't be long I'm sure.  8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Loved ST:D but so far found Picard a bit of a yawn. Maybe it picks up.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

I'd agree on Picard, actuallly I think it felt like they dusted off a generic ST:NG plot and just said "Picard groans a bit 'cos he's old"...

Michelle Yeoh is channelling the no spirit of the Mighty Shat, for sure. Except she doesn't look like she's about to need a sit down and a rest after three punches ;)

Burnham changes quite a bit thru the series - I'd not taken to her to start but she's come good! I was
amused rather than upset at her being slipped into Spocks family, no worse than artfully writing Section31 and Disco out of the Federation history to explain why no one ever mentioned them before in the future ;)

The Klingons are explained in at the start of Season 2 ;) Also I loved it touched upon the difference between TOS, NG and used the old FASA explanation :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leon

Quote from: Leon on 10 January 2021, 04:55:47 PM
That's about everything I can think of right now, but I'm sure there'll be something I've missed.  Actually, there is something I've missed but you'll have to wait for that...  It's big news, the bigliest news ever, biglier than everything I've listed above...  but you'll have to wait for it... shhh....  :-$

Hmm.... what could it be...?!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

26 January 2021, 08:48:55 PM #50 Last Edit: 26 January 2021, 08:50:47 PM by fsn
The Maus!

Chariot armies!

No ...

I've got it! ...

You've bought out Games Workshop!

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

fsn

Silly Nobby!

That's not 10mm ...

What more is there to do? Are you not master of 10mm? Are your enemies not strewn about your feet like so many empty wine skins? Do they not call you Mr 10mm? 

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 26 January 2021, 08:53:01 PM
What more is there to do? Are you not master of 10mm? Are your enemies not strewn about your feet like so many empty wine skins? Do they not call you Mr 10mm?  

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,20472.0.html

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Adamwest

Very interested to see the sci fi expansion and future wars commander, part of me wishes you had bought spartan games planetfall after there demise.

Leon

Quote from: Adamwest on 27 January 2021, 05:02:41 AM
Very interested to see the sci fi expansion and future wars commander, part of me wishes you had bought spartan games planetfall after there demise.

I don't think we'd have had the funds for that!  Were they picked up by TTCombat?

Adamwest

Warcradle picked up all the licences. Obviously they can only start on one project at once and they started on Dystopian wars, I think it will be a long time before there attention gets to Planetfall.

Adamwest

Are you able to give us any hints to the sci fi expansion leon? Please? Pretty please?!

Big Insect

Quote from: Adamwest on 27 January 2021, 10:11:38 AM
Are you able to give us any hints to the sci fi expansion leon? Please? Pretty please?!

Well there's a whole new Universe out there (maybe even many multiverses) to be boldly explored ... I suspect  ;D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Leon

Quote from: Adamwest on 27 January 2021, 10:11:38 AM

Not a lot at this stage but there'll be info soon.  We've got 20 different factions planned with vehicles already 90% complete for all of those, so we'll just need to get infantry and support weapons done as well.

Westmarcher

No doubt the development of the new website has well progressed and I'm too late for this suggestion but I came across Pendraken's U.S. stockist today and I quite like the 4 to a row "side by side" presentation of products as illustrated in the link below (as opposed to the single product per row which, in the case of the ACW range with 70 odd products, takes ages to scroll down).

https://darkhorsehobbies.com/10mm-scale-historical-american-civil-war-tabletop-gaming-miniatures-200
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.