Night Orcs available again!

Started by Leon, 10 January 2021, 11:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We were going to save these for the next batch of Fantasy releases but I know that a lot of people have been asking for them so I thought I'd pop them out as their own release instead!

The original Night Orc sculpts have been tidied up a little and then Techno has added a few extras to give us 3 spearmen and 3 archers, combined with a leader for both packs.  These were always a popular little range so it's nice to have them back online!

Fantasy
Night Orcs - https://pendraken.co.uk/fantasy-warband/night-orcs/
FAN-NRC1   Night Orc Spearmen (25)   £5.50
FAN-NRC2   Night Orc Archers (25)   £5.50

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Unfortuneatly my orcs are 28mm ! Good stuff
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

Do day orcs exist? I'm not a fantasy player, so am mildly curious....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Quote from: FierceKitty on 10 January 2021, 11:27:01 AM
Do day orcs exist? I'm not a fantasy player, so am mildly curious....

Yeah, they're orcs hired for a one-day raid with no promise of further employment. :P
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

At last!

Last three on the 2nd row of spearmen ... replace the spears with guitars and bass; last row of spearmen - replace with drumsticks .. the Orc Beatles!

Singing "Norwegian Wood-Elf". "Here comes the sun ... so we're back to the burrows". "Lucy in the sky with Dryads". "I am a Taurus".  
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Ithoriel on 10 January 2021, 11:37:02 AM
Yeah, they're orcs hired for a one-day raid with no promise of further employment. :P

I'm sure those are the Zero hour Orcs.

Heedless Horseman

02 March 2021, 11:12:33 AM #10 Last Edit: 02 March 2021, 11:25:32 AM by Heedless Horseman
Just a few thoughts!
Firstly, my compliments on some EXCELLENT new sculpts!
Second was: On 'NIGHT ORCS'... absolutely no idea what Night Orcs 'are', but...THEY would make wonderful 'DESERT' 'creatures' in 'sandy' robes... to pit against 'Crusaders'...or Romans / Greeks/ Samurai / Victorian Brits... etc. ... 'blundered into 'the wrong place'...! AND that The bow figure with bow in right hand... with a little 'fun' work, would make a great 'sword weilder'!

'Various' other 'creatures' could make 'natural hazards' for all!   (And I LOVE the Gargoyles... denizens of 'Their' rocky outcrop... !). (Just WHERE did Medieval Cathedral carvers, 'get' the idea from, anyway???).

Maybe, a 'DESERT' theatre, might be a refreshing 'change' for fantasy players?

Sadly, my BIG box of 10mm Fantasy... (after some initial 'interest' following 'LOTR' DVDs... 'The Hobbit' films rather 'killed' it! :( )... is somewhere under 'the Piles'! But thought that the concept might be of interest... so, whilst 'drinking my breakfast'... ! LOL!
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Big Insect

02 March 2021, 11:21:08 AM #11 Last Edit: 02 March 2021, 11:23:26 AM by Big Insect
Quote from: ianrs54 on 10 January 2021, 11:20:59 AM
Unfortuneatly my orcs are 28mm ! Good stuff

They could make some very small additions to your orc clan Ian ... let us not be sizist about our Orcs now  :D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Big Insect

02 March 2021, 11:25:10 AM #12 Last Edit: 02 March 2021, 01:14:00 PM by Big Insect
I think they could also be very nice 'cultists' (a bit like the dreaded Crusader Assassin cult) as well ... of the desert variety of course and you could even have a hermit type converted to be stat up a pole in meditation.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Big Insect

Ooooo! I think I just got promoted ... and I have the Night Orcs to thank for that.

fred.

Desert based fantasy games are definitely a thing, GW's Tomb Kings are themed around ancient Eygpt are perhaps the original

I've got an Arab army, using lots of the TB Line figures, which is a mishmash of Arab, Ottoman, Arabian Knights, Saracen etc

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts