First Game Questions

Started by Amra, 10 January 2021, 06:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amra

Hi All ,
As the title suggests we played our first game. It was great and we are all happy we bought armies etc , which is a relief 😅 
Of course, a bunch of newbie questions follow ;

(1)How many bases can go into a town ?
(2) A blunder causes attacks. Does that mean roll to hit ,followed by saves as normal ?
(3) Transports deploy infantry, do the transports stay on the table ? Do they move forward with the infantry when they move ?
(4) Can Command units move closer before issuing their command activation?
(5) Are turns/pivots etc unlimited in a normal move, providing the total distance is legal ?
(6) Do panzershrek units have unlimited ammo for multiple shots in the same turn ? ( assuming they activate )
(7) Where are the rules on digging-in please ?

That will do for now ! :) ,many thanks in advance

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

1) What physically fits - a cheat answer I know
2) Completely normal proceedure
3) If the transport is organic to the unit it can stay, otherwise it withdraews (is removed) so 251's and M3/5 stay, Lorries withdraw.
4) No command units move last after all other units. We tend to modify that so that command units move when they have finished
5) Yes
6) No one shot per turn
7) There aren't any, you start dug in or not as the case may be. Experiance tells me that it takes a long time to dig an ole.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Big Insect

On point 7 - Digging In - there are rules - these should be in the Errata for BKCIV
Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Amra

Excellent ,
Thanks
(1) that's how we played it ,just checking
(2) So to be clear , an " attack" refers to an attempt to hit ?
(3) So motorcycles stay ?
(4) perfect
(5) thanks
(6) It makes sense to limit their shots ,good
(7) Just reread the errata . Thanks ,glad there's a reason I couldn't find it !  When will the PDF at Wargames Vault be updated so I can re-load a new version ?

Thanks again ,
All 3 of us really enjoyed our first game  :)

The 251 and M3 were just examples, yes M/cycles, and some soft skin stuff would stay, like the 15cwt in a British Motor btn from 39 to 43, likewise carriers. If the Btn owns it then it stays, if it's from a transport pool like the RCT or Rhollbann(sp) then it withdraws.

Amra

Thanks Ian , yes I think that's clear

Do you know where in the rules it refers to the Panzershrek firing only once per turn please ?

To be honest I just extrapolated from CWC, but Mark didn't contardict, so I suppose it is correct. You could argue that in defense you would have unlimited shots, since ammunition would be dumped forward. On an attack you are limited to what the PBI can carry, so shots would be limited after all the Panzersherck is the same calibre as a Carl Gustav and the round for that weighs in at roughly 14 kg, so the no 2 would be carrying his rifle (5kg), 50 rounds (2kg) and a belt for the section MG - 4 kg, plus rations etc plus 3 rounds. Thats the justification for the rule. The other point is that it's for play balance - more than 1 round per turn makes infantry far to powerful.

Zypheria

10 January 2021, 11:55:44 AM #7 Last Edit: 10 January 2021, 11:57:15 AM by Zypheria
Quote from: Amra on 10 January 2021, 11:30:15 AM
Thanks Ian , yes I think that's clear

Do you know where in the rules it refers to the Panzershrek firing only once per turn please ?

Pag 44

Infantry Anti-tank Weapons

IATW can be fired a maximu of once as Opportunity Fire and once as a command action (per game turn)

Amra