French Guard infantry released!

Started by Leon, 07 January 2021, 11:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

It's our first release of 2021 and also a long-awaited one as the Guard have arrived!  We'd had these sculpted a few years back but they were lost in the void known as 'Sculpting Drawer'...  But they're here now and ready for deployment against those pesky Brits!

Two quick notes on these, obviously the Guard were present through until 1815 but we've put them in our 1809 French range for the timebeing, with their earlier descriptions.  When we add an 1815 French range in the future they can be moved over to there.  Also, the Young and Middle Guard wouldn't have been issued with Eagles and would have bare poles with fanions instead.  As we don't currently produce those we've left the eagles on for the timebeing and folks can simply snip them off if they're going to make their own flags.

Napoleonics
French - https://pendraken.co.uk/napoleonic/1809/french/
NPF49   Young Guard Tirailleur Chasseurs/Voltigeurs (30)   £5.50
NPF50   Young Guard Tirailleur Grenadiers/Tirailleurs (30)   £5.50
NPF51   Middle Guard Fusilier Chasseurs (30)   £5.50
NPF52   Middle Guard Fusilier Grenadiers (30)   £5.50
NPF53   Young/Middle Guard mounted officers (5)   £1.85
NPF54   Old Guard Chasseurs (30)   £5.50
NPF55   Old Guard Grenadiers (30)   £5.50
NPF56   Old Guard mounted officers (5)   £1.85

And some pics!

NPF49 - Young Guard Tirailleur Chasseurs/Voltigeurs

NPF52 - Middle Guard Fusilier Grenadiers

NPF53 - Young/Middle Guard mounted officers

NPF54 - Old Guard Chasseurs

NPF56 - Old Guard mounted officers
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Aha! Maybe this is the year of Napoleonics!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Very nice, I will have to "Guard" against temptation.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs your posts must ciost you fortune replacing coats  :-*
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Quote from: ianrs54 on 07 January 2021, 02:18:30 PM
Orcs your posts must ciost you fortune replacing coats  :-*

In  have a method with Nobby, As he stats to chew I show him a picture of Anne Hathaway and he stops chewing, and starts drooling, then forgets what he was doing
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Anne! She certainly hath a way with my heart!  :x

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Smithy

Oh yes. Lovely guardsmen. Best pull my finger out and get those line infantry finished and get me some of these!!!!

whubble

Thank you for more New Year's cheer. Just a wee question ... what is the difference between NPF 56 Old Guard Mtd. officer and NPF 24 Mtd. Guard Grenadier officer. I assume the new addition is a Foot Chasseur?? Many thanks for these figures.  :D

Leon

Quote from: whubble on 08 January 2021, 12:22:59 AM
Thank you for more New Year's cheer. Just a wee question ... what is the difference between NPF 56 Old Guard Mtd. officer and NPF 24 Mtd. Guard Grenadier officer. I assume the new addition is a Foot Chasseur?? Many thanks for these figures.  :D

I think so, the original mounted officer seems to have the plate, the new one doesn't so should be a Guard Chasseur officer.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sean66

Quote from: Leon on 07 January 2021, 11:17:27 AM
It's our first release of 2021 and also a long-awaited one as the Guard have arrived!  We'd had these sculpted a few years back but they were lost in the void known as 'Sculpting Drawer.....
that must be a mighty big Drawer  :o ;D
Regards
Sean

Leon

Quote from: sean66 on 08 January 2021, 09:21:52 AM
that must be a mighty big Drawer  :o ;D
Regards
Sean

It has been at times!  There's not a great deal in there at the moment, we've been able to finally get a lot of it moulded and released during Covid.  There's only some Fantasy stuff pending at the moment.