Get well soon James !!!

Started by Techno II, 05 January 2021, 03:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorpio_Rocks

Yikes! Speedy recovery fella.
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Heedless Horseman

Going up on a roof is taking 'LEAD ADDICTION' a bit TOO far !  :d  Get well soon! :)
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

paulr

Get well soon Sunray, as has been said I hope it wasn't your painting arm
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

I have a nasty feeling it IS his painting arm.

He said yesterday that he was having trouble 'tryping' (sic) with just his left hand on the laptop.....So I assume he's right handed, and it was his right humerus that got broken at the shoulder.

I'm sure all the good wishes will cheer him up......I imagine he'll feel bloody sore (at least) for a good while yet.

I think Nick's comment about the hospitals 'segregating' the covid patients is correct.

If I got the right end of the stick, James said there were umpteen ambulances 'waiting' to discharge their patients.....and he effectively 'queue jumped'...he had nothing but praise for the care he got !!

If you're reading this James......Hope you feel less battered than yesterday.
Take care, Matey.

All the best - Phil.

Norm

Having had a 'garage roof scare moment' in the summer, you have my fully sympathy and empathy.

Hope for a speedy recover to all of the aches and pains!

T13A

Good luck and speedy recovery.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Orcs

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

i want to go on the roof to sweep of loads of moss, but Mrs Orcs has banned me. 
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ben Waterhouse

Good luck and get well soon .
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Orcs  my brother in law uses a power washer to do that - in a bungalow though.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sean66

Quote from: ianrs54 on 06 January 2021, 11:11:45 AM
Orcs  my brother in law uses a power washer to do that - in a bungalow though.
must have a very bad damp problem  :- to have moss in the Bungalow  :D
Regards
Sean

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Westmarcher

Given up on that now (I also live in a bungalow). Been up on the roof many times during the last 30 odd years but over the years got less agile and so, became more aware of the danger. I remember one of our clients, a roofing contractor, saying he didn't want to be climbing roofs in his late 50s - that was for the younger guys. A neighbour power washed his roof. Flooded the house. Wrong angle.  #-o

p.s. Get well soon, Sunray.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

steve_holmes_11

Everything I've heard regarding power washers and roof tiles has ended in tears.

Heedless Horseman

The 'Little Old Guy' has been up on our Bungalow roof, scraping off the moss and has got me to buy some drums of tile paint. Think he'll wait for it to get a bit drier, though, before he gets round to that! Think even HE isn't all that happy and he's loony!  :o
Strange to think that in my early teens, I used to JUMP off the flat roof to attempt PLFs ...thinking that I may have had to do it for real when The Cold War kicked off. Oh, to be young and stupid again! LOL!  ;D
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

howayman

Get well soon.
Bet you thought 2021 couldn't be worse than 2020.
Met a roofer once who had fallen off 3 different  times ! !
and he was a professional ?