Jonny’s undead project

Started by Jonny, 04 January 2021, 05:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Downright suspicious I call it.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

You don't think it's.... new?!?!  :o

fsn

New?!!??

Egad! The man's rich!

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Jonny

I'm ashamed to admit it is quite new. I'm even more ashamed to admit that it's not an anomaly...

My name is Jonny and I occasionally buy new cutting mats X_X

fsn

Gentlemen, we may have to consider if this is a black ball situation, though upon more sober reflection we may forgive the Cadet.

mmcv

Yes I suppose we should. This time...

;D

Jonny

For penance I will walk the parish boundary and hit myself in the head with the offending cutting mat a la the holy grail monks #-o

FierceKitty

Quote from: Jonny on 16 January 2021, 10:58:41 PM
For penance I will walk the parish boundary and hit myself in the head with the offending cutting mat a la the holy grail monks #-o

Never mind that, youngster - you owe the officers' mess a round of triple Armagnac!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno II

Nothing wrong with a clean cutting mat !  ;)

Mine still looks quite new.  :D

But then....I haven't had the paints out for years, and I haven't spilt any acetone on it.........yet.

Cheers - Phil :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Whereas my two, as Phil knows, looks like a  pair of Jackson Pollack paintings!

No, Nobby, that's not rhyming slang, this time...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Hey! I know stuff!

Jackson Pollack was a bloke who turned paint drops into an "art form". They're actually cleverer than they appear, being almost fractal in their effect, but still look like a drip mat to me. Suffered from alcoholism. He died in 1956(?) in a car crash at a very early age (40s?). 
Played in a film (called "Pollock") by Ed Harris, who also played Beethoven in "Copying Beethoven" and Major Konig in "Enemy at the Gate" 

Though I do want to know why Techno knows your man-bits are multi coloured.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

18 January 2021, 03:08:57 AM #43 Last Edit: 18 January 2021, 03:11:07 AM by FierceKitty
A pollack is a kind of cod, I believe. Pollock was a kind of painter. A Polack is a kind of eastern European, formerly a neutral term (see Hamlet) but by now considered offensive. A polk was a division in the Polish army. A polka is a lively dance from the 19th century, for reasons unknown to me now associated with a dotted pattern. A pollard is a tree with major limbs removed to encourage massed grown of withies, a common technique with willow trees to increase the rate of basket production.

Now read on....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

mmcv

Quote from: FierceKitty on 18 January 2021, 03:08:57 AM
A pollack is a kind of cod, I believe. Pollock was a kind of painter. A Polack is a kind of eastern European, formerly a neutral term (see Hamlet) but by now considered offensive. A polk was a division in the Polish army. A polka is a lively dance from the 19th century, for reasons unknown to me now associated with a dotted pattern. A pollard is a tree with major limbs removed to encourage massed grown of withies, a common technique with willow trees to increase the rate of basket production.

Now read on....

And a polecat?