2021 Deaths.

Started by Techno II, 04 January 2021, 07:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Thanks for the reminder Geoff as I'd forgotten this was one. I know I'm getting old as I put to one side odd bits of broken 'ceramic' and iron slag that appears regularly in our garden, just in case they may be of historical value :D.

T13A

T13A Out!

Steve J

jambo1

That is a shame, a very decent actor. :(

Techno II

Steve J

Richard Ansell, sculptor of many ranges of superb figures :(. The following link has some info from Richard Clark of TFL:

https://toofatlardies.co.uk/blog/?p=8076#

Westmarcher

A very talented fellow. What a sudden and tragic loss.  :(
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

paulr

Very sad news and indeed a very talented fellow
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

04 March 2021, 07:23:02 AM #98 Last Edit: 04 March 2021, 08:56:34 AM by Techno II
Hear, hear.  :(

Didn't know him, but it's always sad to lose a talented member of 'the industry'.......I can't be certain, but I'm wondering whether some of the Napoleonic conversions I'm doing at 30mm were originally made by him.....The style is VERY similar.

Phil.

Orcs

Wargaming is a relatively small community of like minded souls.   It is sad to lose any of our own

Our thoughts must be with his family and friends. 

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Raider4

Murray Walker, voice of Formula 1 for so many years, at 97.

fsn

Awww!

Having said that, he was one of those people I thought died years ago.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

That's a shame, Good few laps though
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

He really brought racing to life as frankly, most of the time it's a parade, rather than a race. IIRC he was a tank commander during the war. A sad loss.

Raider4

Quote from: Steve J on 13 March 2021, 09:42:32 PM
He really brought racing to life as frankly, most of the time it's a parade, rather than a race. IIRC he was a tank commander during the war. A sad loss.

Aye, very enthusiastic.

Not always the most observant though.

Distinctly remember him commentating on a car that was slowing down, saying something like "He's stopping! Maybe it's an electrical fault?". And we were sat on the sofa saying "Count the wheels, Murray!" (i.e. one was missing . . .).

Not the only sports commentator that has that problem mind.