2021 Deaths.

Started by Techno II, 04 January 2021, 07:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Quote from: Raider4 on 13 March 2021, 10:34:44 PM
Aye, very enthusiastic.

Not always the most observant though.

Distinctly remember him commentating on a car that was slowing down, saying something like "He's stopping! Maybe it's an electrical fault?". And we were sat on the sofa saying "Count the wheels, Murray!" (i.e. one was missing . . .).

Not the only sports commentator that has that problem mind.
Yes I can't say I was sorry when he retired from commentating
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Scorpio_Rocks

Murray was a legend - true enthusiasm and love that shone through - he is missed!  :'(
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Techno II

A great shame.  :(

Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno II

He was a bit good.  :(

Cheers - Phil.

Steve J

Raider4

Yaphet Kotto (81) - terrific in both Live & Let Die and Alien.

Techno II

That's a great shame.  :(

Phil.

Steve J

He was great in Alien.

Scorpio_Rocks

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

steve_holmes_11

Real shock about Sabine, since the radio news didn't mention an illness, I imagined a terrible prang.

I know her form Top Gear, where she brought a degree of sanity and charm to the gang show.
Clarkson, Hammond and May knew that any laddish cheek would be repaid in full when track time came around.

She was mentioned as a potential host when the original three quit.
With 2 suitable sidekicks that might have worked.

As ever, I feel mix of sadness at the loss, delight to have been entertained by her, and sympathy for her friends and family.

Steve J

Most likely cancer, as the BBC News article said she was diagnosed with it in 2017 or thereabouts.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Steve J on 17 March 2021, 05:56:06 PM
Most likely cancer, as the BBC News article said she was diagnosed with it in 2017 or thereabouts.

Yes, confirmed in another online news source. :-(