No, not the comfy chair!

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 03 January 2021, 11:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

Thanks Leman - I will check it out.
Somebody does a 15mm 3 Musketeers range and the Cardinal in that might also be appropriate.

Cheers
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Techno II

Quote from: Steve J on 05 January 2021, 10:56:37 AM
It was medieval  leader with a Bishop's mitre hat, shield on the back and a cross held aloft in the right hand. Craig gave me a few FoC and whilst a lovely figure, not suitable for a Cardinal I'm afraid.

I still don't remember that one.....I trawled through some old pics, and found a couple that I'd made for 'Tiny Terrain'......But then, I don't save photo's of every single model I've made.
Bad enough going through the ones I HAVE kept.  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Well if you used a digital camera Phil you could file them on your lap top, alhough that would only apply to the most recent ones, 90% would have required etecing into stone tablets
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

I still find it vexing that the results from (a number of) smart phones give better results than my all singing all dancing digital SLR.

Fair enough... I don't set it up to its ultimate level....and use a tripod....that's too much hassle. ;)

Cheers - Phil.

sean66

Quote from: Techno II on 06 January 2021, 07:20:53 AM
I still find it vexing that the results from (a number of) smart phones give better results than my all singing all dancing digital SLR.

Fair enough... I don't set it up to its ultimate level....and use a tripod....that's too much hassle. ;)

Cheers - Phil.

surely most of your figures look better out of focus  :D ;D ;)
regards
Sean

Techno II

I wish I could see how many microns I need to tweak the wee soldiers, a lot of the time.... @-) @-) @-)

Leon..... buy me an electron microscope.  ;)

Cheers - Phil. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Techno II on 07 January 2021, 10:59:23 AM

Cheers - Phil. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Please don't - Phil would only break it  :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: Techno II on 07 January 2021, 10:59:23 AM

One of the laser guys had an awesome bit of kit the other day, it's a USB microscopic camera which can get between 50x-100x magnification.  He'd plugged it into his phone to show the detail/resolution on some 3D prints he'd done at home and I was amazed at the level of detail this little camera could pick up. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Gwydion

I'd never had the slightest desire to have a cardinal figure until I read this thread, then:
when I discovered there wasn't one that looked like that Richelieu or Mazarin available I really wanted one.
So:

I obviously won't be bothering any of the sculptors or painters here, but I like him.

(how the heck do people sculpt things this small! My eyesight deteriorated rapidly and my fingers grew into Cumberland sausages the moment I mixed the putty! I thought 15mm was bad enough.)

mmcv

Well done! Having experimented a little with the green stuff myself of late it is very fiddly work at this scale.

Techno II

That's pretty damn good !!

Well done, that man.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil.

Gwydion

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!